552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

The one I was interested in had an ARO arm included in the price Rooster . I should have said that.

2 Likes

Itā€™s in and all set up. Warming up now.

No problems with set up. All worked straight away.

13 Likes

It was only build on order and there are few of them. Think it is around 7k.
But 3,5 for a used one is mostly with aro (if so) and naim PSU. More specced than the new one.

PS: cohen already answered similar - saw this too late

2 Likes

Maybe you can open a new ā€žnd555 is hereā€œ thread :blush:
We will all join !

2 Likes

Brill Dan. It loves top shelf. Can you work it?

2 Likes

:ok_hand:t3:Looks great, Danā€¦butā€¦ Russia?

2 Likes

It comes with the Naim Armageddon ?

No, the Naim P3 supply. Based on a NAP, outputting DC.

1 Like

Armageddon? No - this is for linn :joy:
Itā€™s similar and called p3ps - build by naim especially for the phonosophie. I was told it is ā€žhalfā€œ a 140. Olive shoebox.
Bought one fresh recapped in 2020

P3ps was not standard! It was an upgrade option with some work necessary with the deck. One board removed afaik.

Richard beat my by a second :joy:

2 Likes

Yes Russian techno station. I love it! It wasnā€™t available for a while, probably becuase of politics. But been back on for a while now.

ā€¦subliminal Russian propaganda :grin:

3 Likes

What a lovely post.

5 Likes

Nicely put @Cohen1263 . Exactly why I love my LP12 and why the otherwise excellent ND555 doesnā€™t get much playing time here.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to hear your views on ND555 improvement over the NDS but I fear that the Klimax LP12 will surpass any streaming improvements. You have gone above and beyond my wildest dreams so I hope sincerely that you are reaping the benefits. I am guessing that your speakers will be the next victims good as they are. There are the usual suspects to think about but Iā€™m sure you will consider this in due course. I can only imagine the deep down satisfaction you are feeling now and hope this is really helping you along with your other worries. It certainly feels like it from your positivity. Loving this thread, keep it up. :blush:

2 Likes

If the digital beats the vinyl,then something is wrong with the turntable/cartridgeā€¦.Kindly

2 Likes

It beats vinyl in two ways that canā€™t be argued; convenience and the fact that the user will inherently listen to a larger variety of music.

1 Like

thing wrong there - but from the status the streamer is really above now. As mentioned - a few upgrades will flip the coin

1 Like

@Dan_M lookung forward to hearing how youā€™re getting on with the ND555

1 Like

Have a look at the thread about it. I did a test between NDS and ND555.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the streaming section by the way.
Think you will all find it very interesting.

2 Likes