552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

@Stu299
Look in the streaming section - fully agree with Dunc, you will find it interesting :blush:

2 Likes

Really looking forward to this. Been out fishing last night, just back and got some beers in and some Naim on :beers:

1 Like

@Stu299 Fine to hear from you!
Missed you a bit. As Dan I followed your 500 path and in my case had (as ever :joy:) some hifi-dilemmas :blush:

2 Likes

Nice, you’re just showing off now though! :blush:

Would there be any benefit from moving the streamer up a shelf away from the amp (technically that is, you would obvs get the benefit from seeing the screen more easily higher up).

ps. I highly recommend listening to the new St Vincent album on your system. The sonics and production are unbelievable. They sound great on my 252 set-up, but on yours it would sound amazing!!!

1 Like

@Dan_M I thought I would let you know there is a 555 streamer at what looks like a pretty decent price :grimacing: Looks like part of a whole 500 system someone must have traded in.

Dan already has an ND555, he picked one up a couple of months ago now. You can click on his avatar to check his profile.

2 Likes

He has already one, as also a second true 555 dr.

2 Likes

I have it all! :muscle:

6 Likes

I missed that. How are you finding the second 555DR Dan?

Edit: just realised it will be in the streaming section so I’ll check there

1 Like

Easy to miss with Dan’s speed :blush:

6 Likes

See “ Nd555 now in place “. Entertaining thread.

1 Like

Upgrades all completed now. Full 500DR system including 2 x 555PSDR, Linn LP12 Klimax, EE8 switch with Farad Super 3. Just finalising Fraim shelve heights and positioning.

System is epic. Everything I had hoped for and more.

There really is nothing left to do ! :muscle:

12 Likes

What you say @drago ? Some Sigma, PN and SL?

2 Likes

He will soon have the next task :wink::blush:

2 Likes

PhoenixNet and Superlumina speaker cables would be lovely.

But at a cost! And to be fair I’ve done a few upgrades this year! In fact I have none of my old boxes.

And the LP12 has had virtually everything changed apart from outer platter, top plate and plinth!

I don’t miss any of the old boxes by the way! A case of onwards and upwards.

Sold CHC 555PS as well. Just got NDS to sell now!

4 Likes

During the next 15 minutes
:crazy_face::joy:

5 Likes

Nothing done yet! :rofl:

2 Likes

What about some headphones?

1 Like

I live alone. So not an issue. Don’t like using headphones. Nice try though!

3 Likes