552DR ordered and LP12 upgrades

As I always say, you’re only as old as your knees tell you.

2 Likes

Hi Dan, as you already know ebay is your friend here. I’ve been dreaming of a pair of Sarum T speaker cables for a long time, but needing over 4 metres meant it would have cost 6k plus. Unbelievably, I just won an auction for a 4.5 metre pair for 1.8k. I bid the starting price and thought I would not stand a chance but I was the only bidder. Got to love hot sunny days where everyone is outside and forgets about hifi on ebay! Cannot WAIT for them to arrive :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome. And I believe there is a lot in what you say about now is a good time to make good deals :sunglasses:

Let me know how they sound :+1:

2 Likes

Perfect- congratulations!
I saw a 252 /scdr combination (serial 407xxx) going for it’s starting price with 4k euro.

1 Like

Congratulations on winning. Superlumina speakers cables don’t come up too often on ebay.

Have regrouped Fraim this morning before I went out for the day.

Getting there with it. Been some experimentation with racking.

Playing Jesus Jones on vinyl now and cleaning records.

System sounding wonderful!

5 Likes

Oh that really sucks. I hope that things take a turn for the better soon. Nothing for it but to get on down with some more music therapy. If you’re into hard Russian techno, might I suggest Rhys Fulber’s (he of Delerium, Front Line Assembly, Conjure One and many other side projects) recent solo output. He’s been down a Berlin techno bent for the last couple of years, and it’s really good.

2 Likes

Playing some Rhys Fulber on Qobuz Brutal Nature Redux album. Sounds good mate!

2 Likes

Now found Diaspora. Giving it a go!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of all of this work. Brutal Nature (the non redux/remix certain) is one of my favorites.

Realism, Ostalgia and Your Dystopia, My Utopia are also really good

1 Like

It sounds amazing on the ND555! It’s good stuff. Listening to some LPs at the moment but will go back to it in a bit!

1 Like

Great to her you’re loving the music Dan. I also keep saying I’ll go back to the ND555 soon. Never actually happens though…:wink:

3 Likes

Sometimes I think it’s just as well that I started my music collection in the mid 80s with digital (CDs), and didn’t discover vinyl as something other than “I must have that to collect the set”. Lord knows I’ve collected enough other rabbit holes to disappear down :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

@Dan_M I just saw some 9m second hand Super Lumina speaker cables for sale in excellent condition :slight_smile:

Edit: link removed, but hopefully you can find with a simple Google search if you are interested.

That link will probably be deleted once the moderator sees it.

2 Likes

Ooops, sorry I didn’t realise that was not allowed. I will remove it now.

1 Like

You probably do not need any more upgrades but I am enjoying my speaker cable uplift so much I saw these and thought of you!

Dan would need two sets…

2 Likes

The other you has another house ?
:joy:

Not sure I understand, sorry.

I think FR is referring to the fact you replied to yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like