A New App

At least with most Android phones you can easily add extra storage!

Have just installed latest app on my iPhone SE with IOS 16.0.2 .
Firmware also updated for my Uniti Star.
It all works perfectly .
Many Thanks.

1 Like

60 MB is near nothing.

I had to remove and re-add to Home Screen to partially fix this issue.

However the old icon persists on the quick launch and app suggestions page, so something isn’t right with the new app.

Apart from the videos upon first opening (which were fine) and this view (which I really like)

it seems pretty much the same to me.

Most importantly, the music seems unchanged (and is sounding particularly fine at the mo).

Updated iPhone and iPad.

Both appear to be working fine.

2 Likes

Actually that doesn’t matter. There is a distinction between setting up a new unit like a Nova and just operating a Nova as a room. So if you take your old iPhone and tell it to find your rooms instead of worrying about setting one up, your Nova will appear as usual. I don’t know what icon they will use, but it doesn’t matter if it’s an incognito green screen box icon.

1 Like

It won’t update for me, I have an NDX and Superuniti, app store shows"Focal Naim" app but option is to “open” my existing version not “Get” a new one, Is this not for older products?

Chris

It’s for all products. It’s rolled out progressively according to some obscure Apple formula. So you will get it soon.

Thanks David!

I have updated the App. How can I swipe now and get rid of the Focal name on the App?

It’s the same old app with some flashy outer clothing. And a Focal headphone product. The Naim bit is unchanged once you get past all the unwrapping.

You can’t.

Thanks David. It’s not finding the Nova currently (my only Naim connected device), not sure if I may be able to set it up manually.

I have a few older iPhones which I’m keeping on an older iOS version for apps which never got updated and won’t work on newer iPhones.

It should find it. When I bought my Nova second hand, so already set up, I connected the Ethernet cable, went into the rooms screen in the app, gave it a pull down, and there the Nova was. Perhaps there is something going on there that I don’t understand though…

Also now 5 icons max in a row instead of 6. Is there any way I can go back to the former App? I have an aversion for Focal and don’t like to see their name on my iPad, even less on my 75k beloved audio system App.

3 Likes

The app is quite an old version on the old iPhone (las compatible) so it might not even know what a Nova is unless there is some form of common protocol Naim uses for old and new streamers.

I may have some network glitches at the moment as well, that might be it.

Tap the noughts and crosses looking icon at the top of the screen?

Spoke to soon, I now cannot log into Qobuz via my iPhone or iPad using the Naim App. I can connect to Qobuz on my computer and play music on that

…spoke to soon, lost the ability to search or select Qobuz! I have been playing with it for about 15 minutes and just plain pissed off so need to step away. Every update there is always something the user needs to do and no clear instructions provided from the vendor.

2 Likes

Thanks David but this App version only allows 5 icons in a horizontal row.
Why can’t they work on issues that really matter instead of spending six months just to integrate a pair of headphones of a brand most of us will never even consider in the first place?
When are we going to have access to the original record booklets? Other Apps provide that access.

2 Likes