Albums or artists that really grate on you

I really couldn’t care less what the fish thinks, Morissey really grates on me Stuart :unamused:

3 Likes

Blimey, you really do dislike him! Not sure I hate any band or singer that much PB.

Stu

So basically everyone is crap (except, of course, Frank Pourcel).

1 Like

I wouldn’t have typed it if I didn’t mean it Stuart but notice I didn’t use the word “hate”, that’s a very powerful word. Not one I would use for anyone I have never met.

Yes PB, I was a bit lazy in using that word.

Stu

Christmas albums in general, also country and western…

4 Likes

Anything by The Beatles

5 Likes

That’s very controversial.

2 Likes

Paul McCartney’s peak was the theme tune to Crossroads. :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, another vote for Bob Dylan, get some Olbas Oil!

1 Like

Oh! And Whitney Houston, And I Aye will always love yooooohoihoihhwahh…
Grrrrrrr!

5 Likes

Any rap, which I assume bears a silent ‘C’.

Elevator music (musack).

And anything played without emotion or compressed to death.

The above should encompass any and all Simon Cowell discoveries or productions.

1 Like

REM - Repetitive Emotional Mumblings

Ok i don’t actually dislike REM,
but find it grates not hearing the words he’s singing.

Does Mr. Rem sing in English?

3 Likes

“I’m asking you because you know about bee stings”

Weird lyrics eh?

Here, here…that garbage has set music back a few centuries.

3 Likes

I never listen to the radio these days, preferring my own choice of listening, which of course isn’t accompanied by annoying adverts every ten minutes or so and nonsensical chat from the dj so I’ve no idea who the current crop of hopefuls are or indeed what they sound like.
However in days gone by when I worked at places where the radio was played, Robbie W really got on my wick… ‘Leeeet meeee entertaaaiiin youuu…’
'Koff…! :angry:

2 Likes

And Pete Waterman

3 Likes

Musically, I would have to agree, but at least for me, Waterman being a railway enthusiast puts him light years ahead of the pompous, sanctimonious jack@ss Cowell.

4 Likes

There is a special place in hell…

1 Like

I’ve just listened to Dark Side of the Moon (once again), and I really just don’t get it or how it’s held in such reverence (apart from nostalgia from those who may have enjoyed it when it was new, and perhaps tracks like Time with the clocks were akin to digital sampling later on).

In fact I think the clocks, especially the alarm clock are there simply to wake you up as I find it such a soporific boring album on the whole.

Oh and that infernal wailing, arghhhh…

That said I like The Wall and The Division Bell.

1 Like