Anyone Going on Holiday?

We’ve just used our vouchers (from cancelled June booking) to rebook our usual site on the River Tarn, near Millau, for a week in early September. Provided all is still ok we’ll then drive the motorhome to Perpignon, and then along the Spanish coast to Granada (always wanted to see The Alhambra Palace), then up through central Spain to the Costa Verde, along the coast road back to France via Biarritz. We’ll probably meander through Gascony for a week or so, visit friends in Bordeaux before returning to Cornwall in early October.

Neither of us have any desire whatsoever to fly anywhere for the time being, so all our long haul plans are on hold. I foresee using the motorhome more and more to explore the many parts of the UK we have yet to visit.

1 Like

Yesterday, travelled from Somerset to Epsom…the M3 and A303 heading to the West Country were rammed with caravans, camper vans, car/trailers with jet skis, bikes and the amount of cars with roof boxes was incredible. Past Stonehenge was its usual snails pace as people slow to look at the stones! To me it seemed like a nearly normal Saturday in summer. As for holidays …none planned, I’d already gone off air travel before the virus and the thought of camping in this country fills me with cold, wet, scabby toilet block dred. So sunny Somerset it is…could be worse.

1 Like

My other half is at our flat South of Valencia she flew out on Thursday and I’ll be going as soon as work allows.

1 Like

On landing She had to fill out a form and also have her temperature taken but this was done without any issues.

It seems that the Spanish people are obeying rules like wearing masks and and social distancing much more than we are here, in the major resorts beaches are being divided into grids but in the smaller coastal towns like ours it’s left up to the individual to be sensible about Social Distancing.

What is worth mentioning is that mask wearing is compulsory in all shops and also in the streets and in restaurants again in the bigger towns this is being adhered to across the board although again in the smaller towns and villages things are less stringent.
She also said that she has had a real positive reaction to her being there she was slightly worried about that but so far everything has been great.

2 Likes

We are going to spend one week or so in Laigueglia in my seaside home.Last time I went was on March 4th,pre Covid era.I miss that place We are going inside Liguria,away from Riviera and the beaches.We know some beautyful places in the wood with creeks you can swim into.Just to avoid crowds.Anyway they say 23% of Italians are not going on holiday.If It will be not too crowd we can decide to go swimming into the sea

2 Likes

Wonderfully put.

.sjb

1 Like

You’re going to the wrong campsites!

Malta,

September (Mossie season) , I was going to fly Air Malta (sheep class) but they said no queuing for the loo.

Rebooked BA business class , discomfort is one thing, indignity another,

Still have it as 50/50

Sitting at Valencia Airport waiting for my permanently late other half.

A quick plié while you are waiting?

G

Unfortunately everything inside the airport was closed.

We are enjoying Scotland rhis week - two trips to Mull on different days, a bit too much driving, but a fab holiday house with a great view in every direction

3 Likes

Looks lovely…let us know if you get rain😉

1 Like

How are the midges?

2 Likes

Heading up north ourselves soon…rain forecast sadly.

G

I remember taking the family to the lake district a few years ago. We came over the Kirkstone pass down into Ullswater in glorious sunshine…nothing could be better. It then rained 24/7 for the rest of the week…but we still had a good holiday, though a little damp.

Love that part of Suffolk. We tend to go once a year and stay in different areas around the county. Love it my favourite place to visit in the UK had great holidays year after year and we also luck out on the weather apart from the days we choose to goto the beach for some reason. Your lucky to be able to live and work in the area. Looked to move a few years ago but the commute would have killed me to London. Looking at retirement now I guess but that’s some years yet.

Just spent a week in whitstable. Delightful as always.

1 Like

Off to near Holt in Norfolk in a 4 person holiday cottage. Daughter and boyfriend with us for the weekend, then on our own. Half day boat booked on the broads and just chill out, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Coming towards the end of a week on the IOW staying in a rental in the middle of Seaview. Very enjoyable few days, we even had lunch in a restaurant today. Remember doing that? A place called “Smoking lobster” in Ventnor if you are ever down this way. Seafood with Asian influences. Lobster tempura very yum. A good choice for eating in this part of the world.

2 Likes