Anyone Going on Holiday?

We are having a lovely time on a campsite just south of Dartmouth. Been here for over a week. Great walking on the South West Coast Path and just back from a meal in the local pub. It’ll be a shame to go home on Sunday.

1 Like

But no decent music for over a week.
Every time I go on a vacation or a long business trip, I just miss good music from a Naim HIFI system.

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me one bit. Reading, looking at the view, watching the wildlife, walking, and simply doing nothing. Perfect. We have a Roberts radio for Radios 3 and 4, which is more than enough.

4 Likes

Guess our holidays this year will probably be watching Escape to the Chateau: DIY on the Lifestyle channel :scream:

1 Like

We were in Dartmouth this time last year, beautiful place.

Cruise to the Edge has been rescheduled to April 2022, so it might be a retirement celebration the way things are going. First up will be Paihia in the next school holidays.

2 Likes

France has been excellent so far and camping has relaxed us all greatly after three months of cabin fever.

A couple of photos from Friday, as we travelled south. First, the astonishing Roman Theatre in Orange:

I’d like to be that well-preserved one day.

Then, the results of an arduous degustation in a well-known town nearby:

2 Likes

OK, I’ve tried flipping that picture of the wine several times, and each time it comes out wrong. If one of you knows how to kick the forum’s photo uploader in the right place to make it behave, please do so.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Like

There you go

1 Like

Merci beaucoup. I blame my iPhone.

1 Like

u s norfolk folk don’t do crazy…!

1 Like

off to ludlow area in three weeks… need to get out of these four walls!

2 Likes

I’m probably a bit biased but the whole of the coastal area south of Kessingland is lovely. As well as the places you’ve mentioned, favourites for me are Southwold, home of Adnams with a large brewery shop to stock up on your bottles. Then from Southwold a trip across to Walberswick either by ferry (if it’s running) or a lovely walk along the banks of the River Blyth with fresh fish and chips and a pub available for refeshments on the way.

Further south there’s Snape Maltings, Orford, Woodbridge etc etc.

Enjoy your break and I hope the weather is kind.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, John. We did go to Southwold and the brewery shop last year. Both excellent. But we haven’t used the ferry. So that would be great to try, Last year was so hot, we did little but swim in the sea. So plenty still to explore.

1 Like

Arizona, Nevada, California…October (or maybe not) :disappointed: :disappointed:

Definitely not, BA just cancelled my flight, early I thought but expected

In Cromarty today…along with Ian Rankin I discover!

G

4 Likes

Thought I was in the middle of nowhere when at the end of the street…

G

4 Likes

And they’re even left you a message on the window. :grin:

3 Likes

My wife thought it was a set up to accidentally come across a naim shop whilst on a supposedly random outing

Meanwhile at the other end of the street

G

4 Likes