Anyone use Nac 122, 152, 202?

5 years is a lifetime of ownership for just about anything around here!

2 Likes

Nicely swerved but go on. Since you’ve had the 282 what else have you changed? Gotta be something.

Well I’ve had it (the 282) 14 years so in that time CDX2>CDS3/555 and NAP200>NAP250DR.

1 Like

Previous owner of my amp had it 13 years and I have owned my SuperUniti for 5 years so far and I see no urgent reason to move it on.

So never happy then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep never satisfied @mikehughescq.

More seriously the 282 could go for a 552 but I’m not willing to release that level of funding.

Yes, the FC2x makes a big difference and is good value. It’s one of the best improvements I made, of my various upgrades over the years. I’d only get a Hicap if you plan to upgrade to a 202 or 282.

Know the feeling. It’s a balancing act. If I liked the 282, which I don’t, I could afford to go for it but realistically it then needs a 300 which is a lot more. Arguably the CDX2 is then exposed and so on. If I’d unlimited cash then fair enough but it comes and goes so it has always struck me that my system was nicely balanced and that changes were beset confined to the source.

A 282 absolutely does not need a 300, in fact there is a widely held opinion that it needs not to have one, and is best run with its partner, the 250. A 200 also works very well with it.

Having heard the 282 with my 200, that was a no. I then heard it with a 250 and most definitely fall into the group who find the latter a bit dark and too much. This my comment re: the 300.

282/250DR is very good, my endgame solely because I have run out of funds. :smile: Ownership is about 4 years now and I’m convinced these would be staying for a very long time.

202/200 also good. I owned it for 9 years and it could have been more but I needed the money so they had to go…

You seem to have a thing for separates, and that’s very cool if you have the bucks, but it doesn’t really sound like you do. (Please don’t take offense … neither do I at this juncture).

I have an SN2 and it sounds excellent driving my NDS, and the SN3 integrated is even a bit better by all accounts.

I used to have separates: Ayre, conrad johnson, Pass Labs; and I’m enjoying the sound of my ol’ refurbed Kef R107’s so much more now with the SN2.

Anyhoo … Works for me.
Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Dave

1 Like

282 here for 13 years. First with 200, then 250.2, then 250DR and now with 300DR.

I remember well the immediate sense of rightness and balance when I first tried it over the 202 I had before (both with single HC then).

Only now am I wondering what a 252 would do to my system…

1 Like

You’d find the 252 resolves more detail and more mature/warmer. No doubt to my ears it’s a clear improvement but then I heard a 552 which is really what I’d want but I can’t afford, so I’ve decided to stick at 282 level which in any event is a performance way beyond anything I ever anticipated when I started out.

Regards,

Lindsay

Hi, my entry into the Naim world was also with a 122x and 150x plus a cd5x.This was supplemented with a Flatcap 2x and the system was a fabulous improvement over the Linn unit I previously owned.As many have already mentioned, the Flatcap is the perfect partner for the amp and completes the synergy, beware, because whilst the Hicap is obviously the better psu it is not the correct match for the 122/150 combo and makes the sound bloated and hyper if that makes any sense?The Flatcap is not to be underestimated , hope this helps.

1 Like

Has the 150 been serviced?

Fc2 made a big and very noticeable differnce on my 112/150 combo. Almost to the point that I wonder why Naim offer(ed) the 112/150 without it.

1 Like

Less expensive start point?

I guess so but they have always had the Nait for that. the separates all seem to benefit from the correct power source.

1 Like

I assume not, so I am probably giving up a bit of performance due to the power amps age.