Are AudioQuest cables made in China?

We can’t check that. But it was said that all other factories (in China and in Netherlands) are exact copies of California factory, with exactly the same arrangement, exactly the same work process, etc… Of course we never know if it is true :slight_smile:

Yes, I mean it is cheap compared to all range of audio power cables. It is one of the lowesr priced in
general and the lowest priced in Wireworld range.

1 Like

Shops are making a lot of money while selling Audioquest cables. “Made in China” makes a good profit margin :wink:.- we talk about 40/50%

Hi Luc, I have 5 meters of the same cable. I will check latter how the box looks like.

Kacper

Heres my 5mtr box. Note the cable picture is of a pvc sleeve not braided. Made in China.
Bought from an authorised UK dealer.

2 Likes

Thanks, exactly the same box as mine :slight_smile:

:small_blue_diamond:@Kacper,…All accessories have a higher margin than,.for example,black boxes, absolutely nothing strange about it.

Now I don’t know where you got these figures from,.but the margin isn’t bad for other hifi-devices either.
But it also takes significantly longer for the dealer to demonstrate, lend products, deliver, install, follow up on a sale in this area than to,for example,.sell a car.

And being a HiFi-dealer is not a nonprofit business.
They must of course also eat and stay somewhere :wink:.

/Peder🙂

There are some differences.
The inside card that the cable was fixed on, mine has side and top flaps, yours doesn’t.
The bottom of the box where the barcode is, mine has a CE logo and extra writing that yours doesn’t.
Not saying one is right and one is wrong as packaging is likely to change from one day to the next but they are not the same.

I’ve just noticed your box has “book like” structure. Previously I thought it was two boxes.

Yes, not the same design, be very similar.

I’ve bought quite a few Audioquest cables this year. The box design depends on i) the length of the cable and ii) the date the box was made (not the cable). Your box looks fine to me.

Just to note, Audioquest make great cables, but the Cinnamon is not that high up in the range. I know you probably paid a lot because it’s 12m, but I wouldn’t expect an amazing performance.

Just to note again, I’d be most interested about the seller when ordering. There is a very well known seller of cables, who seem to dominate the web, that happily sell you cables that have been returned from other customers. When you’re talking about digital cables (especially delicate optical) this becomes very important. Audioquest don’t have seals on their new boxes, but after one has ordered a lot of their cables, one does spot the obvious indications that it’s been used before.

Seems it is in the middle of AQ lan cables. There are Pearl and Forest below Cinnamon. I do not expect amazing performance, but I expect at least better performance than my old no brand cat5e cable priced 10 Eur :).

Even the cheapest Pearl cable has to perform better than my old cat5e. Unless it is system depended situation.

You may need to give it more time … I think you’re being too impatient. Do bare in mind your ‘new’ NAC A5 will be going through changes too…

The Cinnamon cable gave results similar to changing dsp/equalizer settings. Midrange frequencies sound quieter, and high frequencies louder. Like some kind of “loudness”, “warmth”. And the text on the box confirms that: “Maximum Clarity, Warmth & Dynamics”. Overal the detail is very good, seems that better than my old cable had. So I’m not sure that Cinnamon can improve further.

So I think this is what AQ wanted to make: to implant some kind of sound “signature” to their cable and NOT make the their cable “neutral” sounding, like all other cheap cables from BJC or similar. And this is why AQ call their cables “audiophile cables”. It seems that they all have different sounding signatures. And I think it is not easy to do that. So this is why audiophile cables are not cheap.

The problem is that such Cinnamon sounding “signature” is absolutely not my taste. I like more neutral sound and my old cat5e (and I assume BJC also) has it. And I’m also sure that there are people who like such Cinnamon sound.

BJC goes simpler way. They just ensure that cables are technically ideal and that’s all. This gives ideally neutral sound. Some people like this neutral sound. And some search for different sound signature and buys “audiophile” lan cables.

they need minimum 200 hours run in. However, for me, having tested the range, serious uplift in sound begins with the vodka.

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:@Luc,…LISTEN to what others are saying,.and also read the…
:small_orange_diamond:"Ethernet Switch and Cable Mania" thread.

You need to run-in/burn-in your cable for AT LEAST a week 24/7.
Even after that,.it will change up and also down for a few weeks more.

Even if your cable is run-in/burn-in,.it will take 4-7 days for an ethernet/streaming cable before it has “settle” in your system,after you have connected it.
So buy no BJC now,.first give your AQ Cinnamon time to be optimal.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

If I found that was the case after parting with loadsamoney I would go up the wall.
Fair enough if they were to sell it at a discount stating it was a return but to sell as new would surely be illegal.

Thanks to everyone for recommendations. I’ll try to be more patient :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. I think it’s a disadvantage of buying from a company that offers 60 day money back guarantee.

1 Like

So what are you saying? That they are upfront about cables having been returned and sell as such or that they sell returned cables as new.