Asset UPnP issue

Perhaps Mr Spoon doesn’t want to stir things up with Dcs…

The dbpoweramp people are great, really helpful. Hopefully it won’t take too long. When I found a problem with the latest Asset release they had a beta fix in a couple of days, though this may well be more challenging.

@anon4489532 did you update to the latest asset version and if so was it a smooth transition. Kind of scared to update.

Not yet, I’m still on the beta. I’ll probably do it over the weekend.

If you’re referring to version 6.4, see Mike B’s thread below.

Roger

Nothing to be scared of, download & install update, job done.
Nothing gets changed, config remains untouched, everything works just as before.
In the background there is a tonne of software/background stuff; go to the dBp forum Beta Test section if you want to read about it, it’s all on R6.4 beta.
Whatever, nothing to be ‘scared’ about.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m currently running version R5.1 can I go directly to 6.4 for my QNAP?

I guess so, Illustrate (Asset) haven’t listed any such proviso
I don’t know QNAP, but if my Synology doesn’t like a file it tells me & won’t load it.

@Mike-B I updated to Asset 6.4 successfully,thanks for your help. I noticed that Album Artist/Album and Album by Artist are now under Additional so you have to navigate to Additional first then to Album Artist/Album or Album by Artist. Is there a way to get them on the main screen? I know that @anon4489532 uses QNAP as well and might know.

I have these two under additional as I never really use them. If you want them on the front t screen it’s just a matter of playing with the browse tree.

Hi again, I have replied on the Asset UPnP R6.4 thread, its more relevant than is this thread.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.