Asset UPnP

fyi… I use Windows Asset. Actually I stopped using QNAP due to bugs though, tbh, I can’t remember what the issue was… something to do with Bubble and playing DSD files.
I have zero issues with Asset on Windows.
I have had an issue long, LONG, ago with tracks being playing alphabetically rather than in track order however this was with a dCS streamer and the problem was fixed in a later Asset release.
At the moment I’m on Windows Asset Vr 7

Indeed, surely such a bug would have been fixed quickly

1 Like

Thanks for your continued efforts but the problem is not with Asset it is also with the DLNA server that is part of Windows 10. I installed Asset in the hope of curing the problem but it’s the same issue with both. I’ll try to get a screen shot

1 Like

OK if it isn’t working with two UPnP servers we’re getting back to metadata and if indeed you’re indexing the right files in the first place

3 screenshots:

Thanks for that, it would have been useful to see the left hand pane with all the files for a specific folder selected but never mind that for now.
What do you have in Asset for media folders in the folders section? Going by the screenshots above if it doesn’t have c:\users\david… that would be a problem

Screenshot 2022-01-11 150725

The media folder info is correct. There seems to only 1 thing in common - the Naim app but I don’t see any options or parameters that I could change

Can you do a screenshot of the media folders section as above?

I cannot locate the same screen that you showed, am I in the right place?

Yes that’s the right place, just differences between Linux and Windows versions.
I just installed Asset on my Windows desktop and it looks like you have posted above and it even detected my Music folder and scanned that by default. It is playing tracks on my albums in track order so I have no idea now why it isn’t for you. Only thing I can think of now is back to mp3tag, select all the files for one album in the right hand pane and show a screenshot including the left hand pane.
Other than that I’m at a loss

very odd but I can no longer add screenshots! I will try again later

That looks absolutely fine. In the Naim app, how are you accessing the albums? Servers → Asset → Artist or are you perhaps browsing by folder?
Also, have you tried any other devices to access the music library, e.g Bubble UPnP on an Android phone or mconnect player on iOS? Even something as simple as VLC player on Windows will browse a UPnP library

One more question, in mp3tag the file path for the files is as shown in Asset? You haven’t got the files in c:\users\david_earnshaw\CDRips or something like that, they are all in subfolders of the Music folder in Asset?

Yes sub folders of music

Server - Asset or Windows UPnP - albums or artist. I have only tried the 2 servers as above

OK try with another device or UPnP client to rule out issues with the Naim app

One thing that is very odd is that if I set Asset to rescan my music library I find that after about 1000 tracks I can start playing some albums - not all, but they play tracks in the correct sequence. When Asset finishes scanning it finds some 13000 tracks and 11000 albums and nothing works properly, not even albums that played properly during the scan. There should be about 1300 albums in total with about 13000 tracks. The Windows server doesn’t duplicate/miscount albums and tracks, it just plays tracks alphabetically.

I believe the Windows built-in UPnP server does the alphabetical playing and is generally very poor. At least this came up previously:

Though this member then chose a different route so it wasn’t completely cleared up.

11000 albums and 13000 tracks? That does sound odd.
Is there anything else under the Music folder that is perhaps getting indexed and confusing things?
Try creating a folder c:\users\david_earnshaw\musicfiles and copy a few of your album folders in to that. Add that folder to the Audio Library section in Asset config and remove the existing Music folder from the Asset config and see if they play back properly.
Asset shouldn’t have a problem with a 13000 track library, that’s about the same as I have but other members on here have libraries much bigger than that
Screenshot 2022-01-11 173819