BBC Radio down?

I can still get all the BBC streams at 320k (in the UK) on TuneIn on my Linn DSM. I seem to recall opening an account at some point but I don’t pay any subscription.

I do like Airable, though and that is what I mostly use.

Roger

13th Nov 2023. Merseyside. Local BBC radio and other BBC stations failing. Classic FM OK. Internet stations seem OK after quick check. Hope it gets sorted too. With my UnitiLite having a display failure it was difficult to check out the problems and had to rely on the app. NAIM - are you noting these comments? I feel the repair cost is not value for money as it is only 5 years since the last Naim repair/service [CD drawer sticking - and again now a problem!] Not happy.

Have you tried this @Pepe ?

Hi All, I chave access to most of the regular stations, Radio 1, Radio 6 etc however I cannot get Cbeebies to load. This was working absolutly fine last week but today I cannot load either SD or HD streams. I’ve turned off my Uniti 1 and powere cycled everything, even gone so far as to perform a reset to no avail.

Apart from an initial “lucky you” reaction, I checked on the NDX2 and it is down on that as well.

1 Like

Thank you for chekcing. My farther has checked on his Muso and confirmed the same. As for the ‘lucky me’ what can I say my Son love listening to is, if I can foster an appreciation for quality audio then hopfully he’ll move away from the Cbeebies as he grows up. He’s only 7 so im all good with it at the moment, also keeps him away from the screen as well which can only be a bonus.

1 Like

Excellent. I was being rather tongue in cheek. Hope it is sorted soon.

Got my old nait 3 and cd 3.5 that’ll be his when he’s a bit older. If he wants it that is. Yes hopefully it’ll be sorted soon, else I’ll have to get creative with playing the stations I’ve lost.

Out of curiosity I looked on the vTuner Site on the list of stations and it doesnt seem to be on there any longer. Could this be the issue? Im using a Uniti1 from 2012 does that model stream internet radio from vTuner or somwhere else?

What firmware is your Uniti on? It should be 4.8

Also note that vTuner doesn’t stream anything. It merely provides the internet addresses (URLs) where the Naim unit can find the streams.

1 Like

David, The issue is wider than just his Uniti. It cannot be reached on my NDX2 or Muso Qb either.

One for @Stevesky?

1 Like

Yes I know, but he needs to have up to date firmware for it all to work once it’s back.

Ah!

Alarm bells rang for me when he said he couldn’t even see the list of stations on his Uniti.

Sorry for not explaining myself correctly. This is the only internet radio station we regularly use as a family that is currenlty unavailable I have many other BBC radio stations working on my Uniti. Im on version 4.7 (looking at the 4.8 update now).

4.8 was mainly a Tidal update, but there were also a few iRadio fixes in there, so certainly worth doing.

If your streamer has the older 24/96 streaming board this also has some iRadio limitations so that may be an issue?

Yes I’ve spotted that looking of the firmware notes. will persue update as soon as possible. My unit is a 192 upgraded 2012 Uniti 1, so I should be good bar the lack of DAB+.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.