I’ll bring a cow under my chopper

6 Likes

Or perhaps some gammon joints?

5 Likes

Hahaha. You’d all be most welcome.

1 Like

Now you’re talking.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got a wood fired pizza oven to go with my green egg bbq. Makes awesome pizza.

1 Like

Outside lake placid. Smokers brought up from the south. Lit Thursday and goes out Sunday morning.

7 Likes

Wow….industrial scale…….or a whole NFL pre-match

1 Like

I think it can be great, but to me it’s just not a barbecue. It’s outdoor cooking of a different kind. Nothing wrong with it though!

I’ve personally become very partial to (quality) coconut briquettes, which many members didn’t seem to agree with on a similar thread about a year ago.

1 Like

I don’t recall (and can’t find, using the search function) any specifically anti-coconut comments. There is, however, always a potential question mark over anything in briquette form, since it’s impossible to know how much glue/binder/filler has been used. At least with lumpwood charcoal, you can see for yourself it’s ‘pure tree’, as it were.

Mark

1 Like

It works well, but it’s not my preference to use gas. I prefer to nurture a fire while entertaining a cold beer or three. Better yet as a collaborative activity where someone else nurtures the fire and I still drink the cold beer.

5 Likes

I am a big fan of charcoal but have a gas Webber as back up. There’s nothing like a good steak ( thick cut) done to perfection over a charcoal BBQ, great crust outside a pink inside you just can’t (well I struggle to) get that result from gas.

1 Like

I just saw an advert for a Ninja electric BBQ that takes wood pellets to give a woodsmoke flavour to the food. I’ve not researched how this works.

Sweet mother of all that is good and holy. The barbarians are at the gates. May angels and ministers of grace defend us.

7 Likes

I know that I’m odd but I’ve never been a great fan of carcinogenic burnt meat. I like my steak with a fair bit of “moo” left in it.

1 Like

Horror of horrors, I have one and a Weber gas BBQ. The little ninja is great, especially for slow smoked lamb or pulled pork.

1 Like

I have a Weber kettle bbq and love indirect heat. Bro in law also has a Weber kettle but keeps sticking everything over the heat and turning it black on most of the outside :cry:

There were some negative comments but possibly more against briquettes per se.

I probably detest fuel impregnated charcoal more.

1 Like

I think these are designed for city dwellers where it would be impractical or even illegal to use a charcoal based grill.

1 Like