What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

18 months to the next release and then my favourite Dylan period

2 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Quartet - The Well

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Tore Brunborg (Tenor Saxophone), Mats Eilertsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… opening this Friday morning with Tord and his fabulous quartet and they are sounding sublime! One very fine album and simply sweet…

7 Likes

A triple vinyl album stuffed full of (previously) unknown treasures:

4 Likes

The Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus

Beauty Will Save The World

2 Likes

61nrQLx0OnL.SS500

First play, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:

7 Likes

Listening to Jazzradio Schwarzenstein a jazz station that Wolfgang put me on to on the Best Internet Radio Anyone topic (see Best internet radio anyone? )

Great jazz content and SQ.

1 Like

Calexico | The Thread That Keeps Us | 2018

13 Likes

This share had certainly piqued my interest, will give it a listen later.

1 Like

On CD:-

Lanterns On The Lake - Gracious Tide, Take Me Home

2 Likes

Remember the Plaza Ballroom well. Stood by the front stage six feet from Jerry Lee Lewis WOW

1 Like

1 Like

Bill Frisell - When You Wish Upon a Star

6 Likes

The News Quiz on R4.

Could be a laugh… Let’s hope so.

4 Likes

I did spot the gag, hence the “like” :+1:
And my correction to @badger1954 of Wiston not Winston Green, I was also wondering if badger was inferring I ought to be locked up! :joy:

:heart:

1 Like

“My name is Ragnampiza…and I dont eat fertilizer!” Lyrics! :joy:

Out today. What a good album. It’s one of those slow, reflective albums that can wash over you or engage, depending on your mood. The brilliant Arve Henriksen takes a major role, often with Bro in the background. Highly recommended.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Tord Gustavsen Trio - The Ground

Tord Gustavsen (Piano), Harald Johnsen (Double-Bass) and Jarle Vespestad (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with another album from Tord and the trio is sounding sublime! ‘The Ground’ is one beautiful album…

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up… in the queue and up next! …Love Jakob’s music.

1 Like

@Graeme
Some rare footage of Lester Bullocks (seriously!) AKA Dillinger. Sorry it’s very poor quality but worth a look. I have a VHS tape of this footage in much better quality if I knew how to upload it.

1 Like

10 Likes