Best internet radio anyone?

Whilst running in my ND555 since the end of December I’ve been listening to Radio Paradise, main and mellow mix stations and also the main Naim station and Deep Vibes. I must say I have warmed to internet radio. I will investigate further as the ND555 burns in and beyond. Thanks for your recommendations.

1 Like

No idea. this is how the SuperUniti shows it:

But I found a way to store the presets in the UnitiServe, need to go to its IP-adress using the flashplayer. Awkward, but it works.

1 Like

There are some great Internet radio stations with excellent SQ. Better than many people expect.
Many such stations have been listed earlier in this thread.

Yes indeed, many thanks. I will be revisiting some of the posts and trying these!

2 Likes

The Jazz Groove e-mailed me yesterday to advise of a problem with their web streams which were not working. Today they are streaming the same channel in aac on both Mix1 and Mix2 (known as East and West to vTuner users), and on all five premium (subscription) flac channels.

Apparently their website is playing OK (but that is not us).

Their website states “Our engineers are working on a known outage. In the meantime, please listen directly from JazzGroove.org which is working fine.”.

No doubt they will sort it soon.

Jazz groove working fine today

I think you will find it is still playing the “same aac stream” on all the web stream channels.
Not fixed yet.

1 Like

Any news on Jazz Groove?
I never got email btw
David

Still down - playing Dizzy … in aac on all seven channels on the web streams as I write.
I lobbed them some dosh a couple of years ago for their Premium flac channels - so I guess I am on “their e-mail list”.
UPDATE: “Our engineers are still working to resolve technical issues. In the meantime, please listen directly from JazzGroove.org. We expect the issue to be resolved on Tuesday or Wed.”

Thursday still not back

Mother Earth have two other stations but I can’t find them on the naim tuner any luck anyone?

They obviously have a serious issue.
Can still listen but same station on every channel at present over the web - but website playing OK.

Mother Earth Radio
Mother Earth Klassik
Mother Earth Instrumental
The additional two are Premium (subscription) channels according to Hi-Res Audio.
see [Mother Earth Radio adds 2 premium HiRes channels](https://www.hiresaudio DOT online/mother-earth-radio-adds-2-premium-hires-channels/)

But they are available on Airable in 24/96 hi-res (free) !!!
Update - apparently they later decided to make all 3 channels ‘free to air’. @Stevesky

1 Like

High Resolution Audio website informs me there is a Zappa Radio for Frank Zappa fans
Flac URL https://streams.norbert.de/zappa.flac

Quality depends upon content - lots of bootlegs.
Is it the same as Zappateers Radio.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_C @Marki

I’ve had the Mother Earth Klassik/Instrumental stations re-enabled in the Hidef section.

That station ‘network’ went through a very unstable phase where it was on the edge of closing down for good, so we removed the feeds that were down, or rarely working. Looks like things are better now for them, so lets see how it goes.

Best

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

1 Like

Hi thanks for that! It’s been a great station there last few months great quality and they play loads of live vinyl so a rare station indeed! Let’s hope more of these hi Def stations emerge cheers

Jazz Groove update @davidf
The Mix #1 and Mix #2 channels and all five Premium flac channels are all now playing OK.
Good to have them back!

Are these in the hi def section?

What post are you referring to?

Yours? I have worked it out since I thought they were in hi def but they’re not!