Best internet radio anyone?

I find myself listening to the Norwegian NRK Jazz station a lot, lately.

A nice addition to the Jazz Groove.

2 Likes

Sounds nice.

NRK Jazz (mp3/192)
URL https://lyd.nrk.no/nrk_radio_jazz_mp3_h

a little bit. I pay the 100 a year as I feel it’s fair

1 Like

French radio classic + jazz music

2 Likes

Clazz
Nice station and good SQ mp3/320.
Alternate classical and jazz.

1 Like

Mrs Bruss found this. Not a bad choice.

1 Like

Well done to Mrs Bruss.
Was it the 181.fm True Blues channel - it’s excellent.
181.FM have over 40 different channels and post all their URLs on their homepage - if only every Internet Radio station did that - see www.181.fm

2 Likes

Yep, Blues channel.

What is the best internet radio in your opinion? Of course I don’t mean from the point of view of content (which is subjective), but of the technical quality of listening.

I have hesitated in responding to your question because I think the content is key as long as the SQ is good regardless of format.

For rock/pop my choice is PureClassix (search Pure Classix on vTuner/Naim as the name is still wrong).
Long list is
PureClassix (Netherlands) (flac 16/48)
Radio Paradise Mellow Mix (New York, USA) (flac)
JB Radio2 (Canada) (flac 16/48)
Timewarp Ireland (Waterford, Ireland) (mp3/128) - do not ignore it - a great station.

I listen to jazz, blues, folk, classical and have around 200 excellent stations on my radio playlist.
I have listed many of these stations previously on this thread.

jb-radio-2

What genre(s) do you listen to?

P.S. PureClassix appears to be streamed off the same servers as the Naim radio flac streams.

4 Likes

Many thanks for your reply. I don’t know PureClassix which I will look for immediately, I often listen to Radio Paradise Mellow Mix which I consider to be of very high quality.
Currently the genre I listen to most is Jazz, among my favorite radio stations there are Jazz24, WBGO, WRTI, Jazzradio Schwarzenstein and others… it’s a world in which there is pleasantly a lot to discover.
I stream with Bluesound Node 3rd generation.

2 Likes

These are amongst my jazz favourites and several similar to yours - I have about 40 good stations on my jazz radio playlist.

WRTI Jazz (Philadelphia, USA)
The Jazz Groove Mix #1 and Mix #2 (San Francisco, USA)
ALR Jazz Abaco Libros Y Cafe Radio (Cartagena, Colombia)
Relaxing Jazz (Soufriere, St. Lucia)
SatinJazz (NSW, Australia)
Radio Swiss Jazz (SRG SSR) (Basle, Switzerland)
Smooth Jazz Global Radio (California, USA)
Jazz24 (KNKX) (Seattle, USA)
Jazz 24/7 (WGBH) (Boston, USA)
Jazzradio Schwarzenstein (FluxFM) (Germany)
Cesky Rozhlas Jazz (Prague, Czech Republic) (flac 16/48)

Little flac or flac hi-res in the jazz genre.

1 Like

Further to @bruss’s recommendation, I’ve been listening to 181.fm True Blues for the last couple of hours. I only went to it to see what it was like, but it’s surprisingly good. Good sound too and it’s only 128kbps.

2 Likes

I wish this had been around when I was a teenager learning to play guitar.

I wish I’d learnt to play the guitar that I made as a project at school. An Old drawing board ( who remembers them?) as the sound board, everything else out of pukka materials, steam bent as appropriate etc. I learned the chords for House of the rising sun, and that was about it. :rofl:

As a teenager I took classical lessons, which at least taught me to read music and develop a good right hand technique. I guess if I’d had access to an all blues radio station then, I’d have found my way to the crossroads somewhat sooner.

1 Like

Thanks again!

The Jazz24 aac/256 stream seems to be down at the moment.
URL https://live.amperwave.net/direct/ppm-jazz24aac256-ibc1
It is probably a temporary glitch (as it is normally a reliable station).

The mp3/128 stream is OK.
URL https://live.amperwave.net/direct/ppm-jazz24mp3-ibc1
The aac/256 is obviously the better SQ. So maybe best to wait.

@DiggyGun Airable informed in case you are missing your fix. - Update Airable is OK now.
@Stevesky I think it is also down on vTuner.

2 Likes

Hi @Paul_C

This one is a somewhat bigger than just Jazz24. Due to a domain name change about 1000 USA centric radio streams no longer work.

VTuner have been informed.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Oouch.

I noticed the domain change on Jazz24 but strangely the new aac/256 link did not work but the mp3/128 did. Update - the aac stream is now working but not sure if vTuner is sorted.
see Streaming Links - Jazz24

1 Like