Thanks. Now corrected.

1 Like

Rabbit

12 Likes

Close up of the bow…

12 Likes

22 Likes

17 Likes

One of the disappointing side effects of time travel.

18 Likes

“Don’t make no promises your body can’t keep.”

1 Like

“My head was beating like a song by The Clash. Writing cheques that my body couldn’t cash”

1 Like

Rodney Marsh made his England debut in a 1–1 draw with Switzerland at Wembley in November 1971, coming on as a substitute for Francis Lee. He won a total of nine caps, scoring one goal, which came in a 3–0 victory over Wales.

It has been reported that the England manager Alf Ramsey told him: “I’ll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don’t work harder I’ll pull you off at half time,” to which Marsh replied: “Crikey, Alf, at QPR all we get is an orange and a cup of tea.”

12 Likes

I had always wondered why he was so sluggish in the second half when he played for Man City.

And it cost us the Division 1 title.

8 Likes

Not sure how true, but this exchange has often been reported as a reason why he never had the glittering England career his talent deserved.

Classic homophone from today’s York Press,

steve

2 Likes

perhaps it was a sand-wich cake!

1 Like

Only in Malta. :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Desert/dessert - not a homophone, just simple misspelling (and general gormlessness).

I took my son out for his first drink yesterday. Bought him a Carlsberg, which he didn’t like, so I drank it. Then I bought him a Guinness, which he didn’t like, so I drank it. Next, I tried him with a pint of Adnam’s, which he didn’t like either, so I drank it. By the time we got to the scotch, I could hardly push the pram.

27 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

If a bear attacks you, pretend to be dead. That way, the bear will feel less guilty when it actually kills you.

9 Likes