Best jokes

Not a joke, an observation, I think it goes here. After the year we have had with a rampant pandemic, who thought it would be a good idea to go to Mars, take some pictures and then bring some stuff back, oh, like frozen water or something? The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one . . .

3 Likes

The chances that a) there are any bugs on Mars and b)if there were that they would be adapted to our life forms so as to infect them is so vanishingly small that I think that you would be better betting that Mars is made of some sort of chocolate-like confection.

Don’t forget that viruses have evolved with us for millions of years so as to be able to co-opt our genetic machinery into reproducing the viruses. It is impossible for viruses on Mars to have done anything like that.

2 Likes

Thanks to my friends across the sea …

7 Likes

13 Likes

The chances of anything coming from Mars is a million to one they said…
(Actually I agree with you, but it had to be quoted.)

3 Likes

This 2 metre distancing has made life very difficult for pickpockets.

5 Likes

Two guys in a bar. First says “Got some new hearing aids- state of the art. Cost me £2k.” Pal says “What kind?” Answer " Half past nine."

5 Likes

9 Likes

2002-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1.png

6 Likes

Whatever is happening with the Mars one mission?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The first picture of Rover on Mars:

23 Likes

You must have needed perseverance to find that!

2 Likes

19 Likes

9 Likes

Proof that the Indians beat everyone to it.

Another taste of humour from the Tiger Lilies

5 Likes

21 Likes

Particularly if it hits you where it really shouldn’t on the way down…

ABSOLUTELY FUMING!!! :rage:
Just been asked by a group of kids outside tesco if I would get them 20 Richmonds. Stupidly I agreed and got them a packet, handed them over and you should have seen the grief I got off them after it!! Cheeky little sods :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Told them next time you can get your own bloody sausages!!!

9 Likes

NASA have just released the first pictures from the Mars Perseverance Rover

20 Likes