Best jokes

On Fri morning at 07:31 hrs I received a text asking me to contact my GP surgery to book a telephone appointment with the surgery’s pharmacist. I called just after 11:00 and listened to the various options; after I chose the one for appointments I was then offered the option of awaiting a call-back once my call was close to being answered. Some 30 minutes or so later I received said call only to find I was #2 in the queue … listening to awful noise and repeated statements of you are #2, etc.

Eventually I spoke to a receptionist and we arranged the telephone consulation … in all, approx. 50 minutes from my initial dialing. I’m afraid the cartoon maybe be amusing … but it’s no joke! :slight_smile:

Oh, and the appointment for the telephone consultation? Earliest available is two weeks (and three hours) hence … :frowning:

2 Likes

The availability of access is ultimately a reflection of the level of GDP devoted to health care and is thus something that we vote for every 5 years…

3 Likes

“Your call is important to us, but your time isn’t”

2 Likes

We can vote with our feet, and the cartoon is why I switched electric provider, after waits of 30-45 minutes

When my firm had a call centre , if you visited you saw a board up - with the waiting times and how many calls were waiting .

That was in the 1990s, so my belief is that senior management must get performance feedback are happy with the call times .

If they don’t think this is a reflection on the company they run - they are a joke -and not a good one

1 Like

So important to us that we don’t employ enough people to answer your call.

5 Likes

16 Likes

17 Likes

For our American friends, some etiquette on interacting with Brits

11 Likes

Thanks to my Czech friends for this …

18 Likes

13 Likes

7 Likes

That’s actually very clever.

3 Likes

A horse walks into a bar and says to the barman, “on a right angled triangle with sides x, y and z, if x and z are perpendicular which side is opposite the right angle?” and the barman says, “y, the long face.”

I’m sorry.

16 Likes

27 Likes

My wife told me to stop acting like a flamingo.

So I had to put my foot down.

22 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

I’m so lazy I’ve got a smoke alarm with a snooze button.

5 Likes

The cricket team require 32 runs from the final over to win the match.

They have just lost their 9th wicket & their number 11 takes to the pitch. The final batsman is a horse.

To the amazement of the opposition the horse smashes each of the first 5 balls for a 6, leaving just 2 runs required from the final ball.

The horse miss times its final shot & the ball is running tamely to the nearest fielder. The horse stands still whilst the batsman at the other end screams ‘RUN’ & sets off towards the stationary horse.

The horse still doesn’t move & is run out, the team losing the match by a single run.

Walking off the pitch together the batsman says to the horse ‘Why didn’t you run?’

The horse turns to him & replies ‘If I could run, I wouldn’t have to play bloody cricket would I?’

12 Likes

So I said to the gym instructor: ‘Can you teach me to do the splits?’ He said: ‘How flexible are you?’ I said: I can’t make Tuesdays.’

7 Likes