Best jokes

Also, when my Mother in law died about 3 years ago, I had chat with the Funeral Director about unusual funerals.
One he told me about was a Classical Musician who had died and had arranged with one of his close friends to play a concert piano in the crematorium. Both Hymns and incidental pieces throughout the service.
I think it was on the last piece that he started to drop in the odd Les Dawson moment, just occasionally so that the congregation at first felt a bit awkward and started to look at each other. By the end he was in full Les Dawson mode and everybody was crying with laughter.

8 Likes

Mate in Brighton bought bought a sat-nav from Fatboy Slim’

He’s a bit confused with the directions as all it says is “Right here, right now”.

6 Likes

Brilliant.
Many years ago working on a merchant trade counter, we took a chance on taking a cheque…it was only when it bounced that we realised the cheque was drawn " for and on behalf of Firkham Hall"

3 Likes

Our neighbour was telling us recently that she didn’t take her first husband’s name as otherwise she would have been Wendy Bendy.

4 Likes

Just brilliant!

17 Likes

Man takes his pet goldfish to the vet and says it’s an epileptic
Vet checks the fish over and says there’s nothing wrong with it
Man says you haven’t taken it out of the bowl yet……

9 Likes

On a similar note, for my father-in-law’s funeral we wanted to go out to something relevant. He had been in the RAF (as a regular) during WW2, and at that time the local crem. played all music on an organ (I assume for reasons of copyright); one of the available tunes was the Dambusters March, and we thought that would be appropriate - solemn but tuneful. What we had forgotten was that the intro is actually quite jolly and goes on for quite some time before the familiar theme comes in,

And the intro came over in classic “Reginald Dixon cinema” mode**. But it worked, and people left smiling (and a few laughs).

**you have to be of a certain age to appreciate this…LOL

5 Likes

I bought a sat nav from Bonnie Tyler, kept telling me to Turn Around.

12 Likes

Were you lost in France??

15 Likes

The Fleetwood Mac Satnav is useless. It keeps telling me I can go my own way

15 Likes

The Supremes Satnav keeps telling me to Stop! In the name of love…

6 Likes

The U2 satnav is hopeless - the streets have no name

18 Likes

The Kraftwerk one is useless too, all it says is Autobahn

11 Likes

The Talking Heads Satnav says we’re on a road to nowhere :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

The Chuck Berry one tells me that I have no particular place to go

10 Likes

The Beatles one tells me I’m on a long and winding road

8 Likes

… and to get back to where you once belonged?

6 Likes

I tried the Chris Rea mode but it didn’t work out well.

7 Likes

19 Likes