Best jokes

4 Likes

1 Like

Some Scots can’t say “purple burglar alarm”

3 Likes

3 Likes

Fed up waiting for F1 race to start & even more fed up with all these copy/paste picture ‘jokes’
A few recycled one liners to press the chuckle buttons …

• A sweater I bought was picking up static electricity so I returned it to the store. They gave me another one free of charge
  • How does it feel when you stick your finger in an electrical outlet? It Hertz.
  • I can’t afford to pay for electricity anymore; these are some dark times
  • Two wifi engineers got married. The reception was fantastic
  • Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.
  • Atheism is a non-prophet organization
  • Edam is the only cheese thats made backwards
  • The man who invented Velcro has died. R.I.P.

F1 restarts in 5mins, I’ll get me coat

10 Likes

Well said sir. Couldn’t agree more, esp the daily Matt tedium.

2 Likes

Let it go, with the constant moan about matt

1 Like

Not moaning about Matt; sometimes it’s quite good and as I still look at The Telegraph most days it’s nice to work down to the cartoon as a natural part of reading the paper.

My beef is the daily copy & paste exercise that some guy believes is a useful service to us, regardless of each cartoon’s actual quality.

Edit. You know what it really is? It’s the lack of effort. This thread is a bunch of folks standing around in a pub swapping jokes, some good some bad but there’s an effort to tell them. And there are a couple of guys, specifically one, who don’t make any effort but do the equivalent of standing on the periphery handing out a photocopy of a joke they think we might like.

6 Likes

Keep em coming Swinnerton. I appreciate them being copied here :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Keep em coming Swinnerton. I appreciate being spoon fed.

www.telegraph.co.uk is is easy to find, and Matt isn’t behind the paywall.

3 Likes

I judge a joke by how funny I find it. Not whether it has been typed or copied and pasted.

18 Likes

Not everybody lives in the Uk. And personally I am not even aware of Telegraph whatever it is. So here is the only place I can see those cartoons and often find them amusing. Let’s keep them for the benefit of the guys like me

14 Likes

Another +1 for keeping these

3 Likes

I imagine it is breaching copyright to make them available here as an image rather than as a link to the dt website.

2 Likes

From Science: evidence is intelligence

9 Likes

Magicians produce rabbits out of hats
Psychologists produce habits out of rats .

3 Likes

It’s widely and publicly available to view online and as the poster is sharing and not claiming it as their own, or for their own gain, it would likely fall under fair use provision.

3 Likes

It’s a friend’s birthday, and he uses Quad and not Naim, but he posted this …

and this for the mathematically minded …

13 Likes

:+1:

True story…So, last Monday morning I was waiting in an eye clinic for my first cataract operation. As you can imagine, I was, to say the least, tense and very apprehensive. Just before I went for the procedure my phone “dinged” and it was a joke from my eldest daughter quote “I love bad jokes about eyes, in fact the cornea the better”.
With hindsight (no pun intended) it was very funny, still not sure about her timing though!!!

14 Likes