Best jokes

I have no idea why the name David has such weird time-pockets (that’s a word, man) of popularity.

There was a time when David Gilmour was called Dave Gilmour.

Funny David Bowie was always David or maybe Davey Jones before the Monkees came along.

1 Like

Those who have known me a long time, as in 40 years plus, still call me Dave, but few people do otherwise.

I’m really called Rodney, but some folks insist on calling me Dave. :joy:

13 Likes

No, Woderwick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Roger Waters, whenever he wants to wind DG and (especially) Polly Samson up, makes a point of calling him “Dave”.

3 Likes

I’ve never, ever heard that before.

My name’s Smoke-too-Much. Mr Smoke-too-Much.

Worse for Nigels and Gordons of my approximate vintage I think.

1 Like

Yes, of course … I missed the second W. Silly bunt …

Thanks to Dom Jolly for this …

13 Likes

See?

1 Like

And most of them married a Susan

Yes … right. Susan was very popular then as well.

At one time in the ‘70s, in our lab/dept. of around 50 folks, there were five Christophers!

1 Like

As I did….and she’s still here!

4 Likes

Surely it was when that film was weleased?

Test

David still with us --going strong :grinning:!

10 Likes

She was in our school too :blush:

2 Likes

A man who just died is delivered to the mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit. The mortician asks the deceased’s wife how she would like the body dressed. He points out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.
The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit. She gives the mortician a blank cheque and says, “I don’t care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.”
The woman returns the next day for the wake. To her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly.
She says to the mortician, “Whatever this cost, I’m very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I’m very grateful. How much did you spend?”
To her astonishment, the mortician presents her with the blank check.
“There’s no charge,” he says.
“No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit!” she says.
“Honestly, ma’am,” the mortician says, "it cost nothing. You see, a deceased gentleman of about your husband’s size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice.
“Then it was just a matter of switching the heads”

38 Likes

11 Likes

A happy 90-year-old man walked into the doctor’s office. He was all smiles and laughed with the nurses and staff, until they brought him in to see the doctor. The doctor examined him and told him he should start eating better, because his health was not in that great a shape.
The old man was surprised, he said to his doctor, “I’ve never felt better. I have an 21-year old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think about that?”
The doctor considered his question for a minute and then said, “I have an elderly friend who is a hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was going out in a bit of a hurry, he accidentally picked up his umbrella instead of his gun.
When he got to the Creek, he saw a rabbit sitting beside the stream. He raised his umbrella and went, ‘bang, bang’ and the rabbit fell dead. What do you think of that?” The 90-year-old said, “I’d say somebody else killed that rabbit.” The doctor smiled,
“My point exactly.”

11 Likes