Best jokes

This thread is called Best jokes for a reason. Maybe leave related discussions elsewhere, and mediocre jokes in the bin.

2 Likes

Anyone? Please do, by all means, tell a joke…

6 Likes

When things aren’t very well then laughter is the best medicine.

Unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list.

6 Likes

12 Likes

My mother in law cooked us a roast dinner on Sunday.

She asked me how many potatoes I’d like.

“Oh, just the one please…”, I said.
“Ooh”, she says “You don’t have to be polite”
“Oh, OK, just the one please you miserable cow”

21 Likes

Went to a gig last night, figured it was a tribute act.
“The Pretenders”

6 Likes

“Always leave them wanting more” my dad said.
Probably why he got fired from Oxfam.

8 Likes

Aldi France have started selling quattro stagioni pizzas.

Vive Aldi!

4 Likes

I just got my dream job as a cabinet maker.

The interview board were glued to their seat, I thought I’d screwed it up but in the end , I nailed it.

9 Likes

You picked a fine time to leave me…

27 Likes

I once thought about doing that but I shelved the idea.

1 Like

A chap emailed in to the Ken Bruce show on R2 this morning. He said that as a consequence of the Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram ‘outage’ last night, he had decided to actually speak with his family instead. But he was a bit surprised to find his other half had left a while ago.

6 Likes

Back to cycling…

Here is the birthday card my dear, loving wife gave me in 2016, a few months after I started cycling again at the age of 61, after last riding a bike when I was 16. Probably a ring of truth in there…

Because I spent so much on a bike & the gear I am still doing it, despite totally failing to understand why so many (including all the cyclists I know) think it’s so wonderful. I dislike almost everything about it.

On the lycra issue, I initially felt stupid wearing it (along with a helmet) but agree with some on here that it really is best for long rides & I certainly feel safer wearing a helmet.

As time has passed I have come to realise that, other than my wife, fully cycling gear is seen as normal by other people who don’t bat an eyelid at it. I therefore don’t feel self conscious at all despite accepting that lycra is possibly not the best look for a 66 year old!

8 Likes

A teacher had an all girls class and asked them to name something that ends in tor but also eats things.

Mary as quick as a flash said Alligator the teacher said that was excellent upon looking around she saw Jane had her hand up and asked what is your word ? Predator was the reply the teacher said another very good word.

Next up was Lucy she replied Vibrator Miss the teacher said that wouldn’t count as a Vibrator doesn’t eat anything.

Lucy said are you sure miss as I heard my mum on the phone to her friend this morning and she said her Vibrator eats batteries like there’s no tomorrow?

7 Likes

Here’s an oldie, but still good…

7 Likes

Stiff neck?

5 Likes

The Facebook outage was so bad that I had to go to knock on my neighbour’s door to show them what I was having for dinner!

14 Likes

Serious question, but what is the rationale behind cyclists shaving their legs…?

Done by amateurs it’s essentially a sign of belonging to a community. The original reason pro cyclists did it was two-fold - a. to make leg massage easier and less painful, and b. to make road rash and dressings easier to cope with in the event of a crash.

3 Likes

I did it because
A I have horrible hairy legs
B rain runs off quickly, the nice part of that being
C my legs felt warmer as a result
D my legs tanned quicker

1 Like