Best jokes

At least the Lycra lads are mostly on the road rather than the pavement. The sport then becomes to make them stop at a red light or crossing without either of us getting injured.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. The cyclists (and power scooterers) in my bit of London seem to think they have right of way all the time, on pavements, cycleways or roads; reds don’t apply to them nor families who have to cross the cycle paths to get on a bus. I’m a cyclist too, btw, before accusations of ‘cyclist bashing’ get made…

Sorry, time to get back to jokes!

But I don’t have any right this minute.

1 Like

I always assumed, wrongly, it was to reduce drag.

For some reason that was also my intuitive thought yes… :innocent:

Sadly, shaving doesn’t turn bellwire legs into Super Lumina ones!

4 Likes

Right that’s it. I call time on Lycra. Let’s have some Billy Connolly:

A biker goes to the doctor with hearing problems. Can you describe the symptoms to me? Yes. Homer is a fat yellow lazy bastard and Marge is a skinny bird with big blue hair!’

8 Likes

I heard, second hand and long ago, that wind tunnel tests showed that leg hair actually reduced drag over shaved legs. It seems counterintuitive. It may just demonstrate that wind tunnel tests don’t prove anything. But I like the idea that the counterintuitive choice is the correct one–much like how directionality matters with interconnects.

2 Likes

Or which way round to take a roundabout…

Nice variation on:

:blush:

2 Likes

I trust that all posters implying that cyclists are predisposed to ignore traffic rules never break the speed limit themselves when driving and always pass law-abiding cyclists by the 1.5m they are meant to…

3 Likes

Not implying, stating…not all cyclists obviously.
Just a goodly amount, at least in East London and the West End.

Apropos your point:
I walk, get buses or cycle. No car.

1 Like

Today, we’ve been on a trip to Mevagissey, I’ve been stood here all day and nothing turned up !. . .

14 Likes

What’s kind of magic do cows believe in ?

Moodoo.

1 Like

I wonder what happened to @Tonym ?

4 Likes

OMG! I remember way back in time, when ‘experts’ used to say bell wire was as good as anything for connecting speakers to amps! Pfft!

1 Like

Yes, I’ve wondered that myself, Tony. Hoping he is okay but he is a sad miss to this thread in particular.

2 Likes

Apologies if this has been posted before but it does appeal to my sense of humour.

11 Likes

I live in Truro, wife’s away for a week next month, will give it a try & hope I have better luck than you…

2 Likes

A taxi passenger taps the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question. The driver screams, loses control of the car, nearly hits a bus, goes up on the footpath, and stops centimeters from a shop window. For a second, everything goes quiet in the cab, then the driver says, “Look mate, don’t ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!” The passenger apologizes and says, "I didn’t realize that a little tap would scare you so much.” The driver replies, “Sorry, it’s not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver. I’ve been driving a funeral van for the last 25 years.”

19 Likes

I used to play triangle in a reggae band.

I’d stand at the back and ting.

16 Likes