Best jokes

Could you give your opinion of the Minion joke and do you agree with the response to it?
I posted several jokes (some of which were removed) attempting to make a point about some people being a little over sensitive. I clearly overstepped boundaries and for that I apologize for any offense to anyone.

4 Likes

Please don’t. If it’s not a joke, put it in a different thread. This one is for jokes.

3 Likes

That’s kind, thank you. I’ll respond but I’m conscious that some are annoyed that this is interrupting the flow of jokes!

I didn’t flag this post, although I don’t think it’s helpful to stamping out the views that some men have about women.

A woman who is angry with her husband, for example, makes some men feel embarrassed/angry/humiliated etc. Rather than acknowledge whatever it is she feels about him, his response is to shrug his shoulders and declare it’s typical of women to be so opaque.

1 Like

“What do you call a fish wearing a bowtie?”

“Sofishticated.”

I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to explore other peoples opinions of jokes on this thread, I would rather be educated than offend. There is a lot of discussion on the System Pics thread not just an endless stream of pics for example.
It would seem rather pointless to start a new thread such as “What sorts of jokes offend you”

2 Likes

OMG it’s happening again!!

Can we please go back on-topic?

2 Likes

You’ve a lot of learning to do I’m afraid but never too late to start, crass is the word that comes to mind regarding your ‘humour’.

2 Likes

It’s a joke, not necessarily real life, if it is happening in real life then what you say is indeed wrong, my wife genuinely finds a lot of the jokes funny, because they are an irreverent view on life, same can be said for jokes aimed at men.

1 Like

Do we have to keep going through this? Methinks the point of some has been made!

1 Like

Oliver Cromwell anyone?

To turn the ship back, Catch-22 is a favourite novel of mine. If you haven’t read it, or haven’t read it in years, I can’t recommend it enough.

If I could I’d post the whole section about the tomato soup with soap added to make the squadron so sick they couldn’t fly (did it make them sick? No, on the contrary, they packed it away by the plateful) but this will do instead

“…Now, where were we? Read me back the last line.”
“‘Read me back the last line,’” read back the corporal who could take shorthand.
“Not my last line, stupid!” the colonel shouted. “Somebody else’s.”
“‘Read me back the last line,’” read back the corporal.
“That’s my line again!” shrieked the colonel, turning purple with anger.
“Oh, no, sir,” corrected the corporal. “That’s my last line. I read it to you just a moment ago. Don’t you remember, sir? It was only a moment ago.”

1 Like

As the man with the wooden leg said “It’s all a matter of a pinion”

6 Likes

Oh! That’s so bad it’s brilliant, young man!

1 Like

Puts me in mind of this:

Now, Mr. Spiggott, you, a one-legged man, are applying for the role of Tarzan.
Yes, right.
A role traditionally associated with a two-legged artiste.
Yes, correct, yes, yes.
And yet you, a unidexter, are applying for the role.
Yes.
A role for which two legs would seem to be the minimum requirement. Well, Mr. Spiggott, need I point out to you with overmuch emphasis where your deficiency lies as regards landing the role?
Yes, I think you ought to.
Perhaps I ought, yes. Need I say with, uh, too much stress that it is in the, uh, leg division that you are deficient.
The leg division?
The leg division, Mr. Spiggott. You are deficient in the leg division to the tune of one. Your right leg I like. It’s a lovely leg for the role. As soon as I saw it come in, I said, “Hello! What a lovely leg for the role!”
Ah!
I’ve got nothing against your right leg.
Ah!

The trouble is – neither have you.

24 Likes

Classic stuff & still brilliant today

4 Likes

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, just brilliant! If some of our less jovial friends (see earlier posts) listened to Derek and Clive live they would really have something to complain about!!

6 Likes

I can still recite ‘Jump you F…r, jump’ at the drop of a pin.

7 Likes

Best not to on here though young man, we have sensitive souls amongst us!

3 Likes

Excellent cheers I haven’t watched them two for a while

My favourite Peter Cook, skewering a biased judge and the political establishment in general

3 Likes

8 Likes