Best jokes

“You’ve found a shell on the beach…? You think that’s unusual do you Willard…?”

“Now stop that whining Willard…”

2 Likes

Saw Hell is for Heroes again the other day. There’s Steve McQueen saving us all from the marauding Nazis. And Bob Newhart on the phone, convincing the same that there’s so many of them they’re having to send a few back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Wren @steviebee @Jamiewednesday

By coincidence, yesterday I found this 45 in amongst my Dad’s LP’s that I am storing for him.

Bob Newhart The Button-Down Mind Of Bob Newhart / 1960 Warner / 45 mono EP / WEP6031

A The Driving Instructor
B The Cruise Of The U.S.S. Codfish

5 Likes

both excellenrt sketches

“The most celebrated new comedian since Attila”
Lol.

My first thought was Attila The Stockbroker, but realised he was a poet rather than a comedian.

1 Like

As featured on The Big Bang Theory

Not quite best jokes but as we are on Bob Newhart

As an ex counsellor I identify a little too strongly with this.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Borrowed from FB.

8 Likes

Here is a plain Chachalaca.

A less flamboyant distant cousin of the Boom Chachalaca.

4 Likes

Yeah, but imagine that’s its’ wing, not its’ tail.
And it’s dancing. Boooom Chakalack!

By Tim Vine on R4, and with apologies to @GeoffC

I don’t do jokes about graphic designers…

I draw the line at that.

5 Likes

I would put slapstick, Norman Wisdom, Benny Hill, clowns, et al, right down at the bottom.

steve

3 Likes

Benny Hill is - or was - surprisingly popular in the USA.
I used to quite enjoy Charlie Drake. Not sure where I would put him - not quite at the bottom, anyway.

12 Likes

29 Likes

Don’t be ashamed of who you are.
That’s you’re parents’ job.

5 Likes

Indeed but I got a shirty email saying that I caused offence to one or more members

1 Like

I’m interested to know who messaged you with a “shirty email”. Not me, for sure. Are you sure it wasn’t just a standard Discourse system message informing you that the post had been removed? These are sent out by the system if a post is flagged up by members as inappropriate and then consequently removed by moderators.

As it happened, I removed it along with the other similar posts. Politics aside, people have died and I (and evidently others) felt that making a joke of it was inappropriate. Hence the removal.

5 Likes

I have replied to your DM

1 Like