Best jokes

I didn’t complain, and on principle never would, it ‘s a free country.

I did think it was in poor taste though and reminded me of the Belgrano headlines. Timing is everything. Jokes about dead sailors shortly after they have died are never acceptable to me.

(I worked on submarines for a while so not a left wing flake)

2 Likes

4 Likes

They weren’t, of course, jokes about dead sailors. The joke would have worked just as well without any deaths. The deaths, of course, are very regrettable, on both sides of the war.

9 Likes

I agree with what you say, but sadly, in the social media age, there’s no room for nuance any more.

3 Likes

The joke would have worked exceedingly well without any deaths. The deaths rather spoilt the joke.

2 Likes

Researchers have been trying to contact homeowners in the UK who are under twenty-five.

But both of them are busy.

11 Likes

17 Likes

The PC Answer to Life
A little boy goes to his father and asks ‘Daddy, how was I born?’ The father answers, 'Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway! Your Mum and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mum and we met at a cyber-cafe. We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said: …You’ll love this …
you got male

11 Likes

29 Likes

I have just been accused of being a snowflake apple producer. Someone suggested I grow a pear.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Another morning, another crime in the neighbourhood.

Just heard that only an hour ago a couple of armed thugs burst into the local estate agent, waving shotguns around and shouting: NOBODY MOVE!!!

11 Likes

Did the estate agents rob them of a big percentage?

3 Likes

It would be far worse if they were attempting to rob a Solicitors…the robbers would face interminable delays, the search (for the money) fees, legal eagle’s fees, cashiers fees, going to the loo charges etc etc.

1 Like

All I can say is that my bank encourages me to wear a mask when I go in to see them

2 Likes

I thin you’d find, co-incidentally, that the thing you were chasing has just arrived and I was going to call you.

2 Likes

That’s just how it is with our architects.

In the great days of the British Empire, a new commanding officer was sent to a South African bush outpost to relieve the retiring colonel.
After welcoming his replacement and indulging the usual courtesies (gin and tonic, cucumber sandwiches etc.) that protocol decrees, the retiring colonel said, “You must meet my Adjutant, Captain Smithers. He is my right-hand man and is really the strength of this command. His talents are simply boundless.” Smithers was summoned and introduced to the new CO, who was surprised to meet a hunch-backed, one-eyed, toothless, hairless, scabbed and pock-marked specimen of humanity, a particularly unattractive man less than one metre tall.
“Smithers, old man, tell your new CO about yourself.”
''Well, sir, I graduated with honours from Sandhurst, joined the regiment and won the Military Cross and Bar after three expeditions behind enemy lines. I have represented Great Britain in equestrian events and won a Silver Medal in the middleweight boxing division of the Olympics. I have researched the history of…"
At that point, the colonel interrupted, “Yes, yes, never mind that Smithers. he can find all that in your file. Tell him about the day you told the witch doctor to f##k off.”

16 Likes

Gone.

5 Likes

16 Likes