Best jokes

A man answers the ringing mobile in the golf club locker room.

A female voice says “Hi darling, I’m in town & the car salesman has just phoned about that new Mercedes sports model I fell in love with but that you said was too expensive. He says they are desperate to hit their sales targets by the end of the month & if they don’t, they will lose their monthly bonuses. He has therefore knocked £10,000 off the price to get the sale. What do you think?”.

“Sounds much better honey. If you still want it, go for it”.

“Thanks, I will. I’m outside the estate agents & that £1m house we both loved, but you said was overpriced, is still on the market. You were obviously right as the price has been reduced to £900,000. What do you think?

“Sounds great. We both thought it would be ideal for us so go for it as well”.

“Thanks darling, I will. See you later, love you”.

The man turns round, holds up the mobile & says “Anyone know whose phone this is?”.

6 Likes

18 Likes

(works best in a Black Country accent)

Bloke goes to the bank and joins a long queue.

Eventually gets to the front and presents a cheque to be cashed.

The teller says “I’m sorry but you’ve written this in pencil. You’ll have to ink it over.”

So the chap moves to another unoccupied counter where there is a pen.

Rejoins the - now even longer - queue. Eventually gets to the front and says to the teller:

"Well, I’ve thought it over, and I definitely need the money.’

7 Likes

Gone.

9 Likes

Is this west midland accent joke time now.

1 Like

Bostin

Yam Yam.

I’ll admit a bit late, but may the fourth isnt just Star Wars day.
The nerds will appreciate it was Dave Brubeck day.

7 Likes

22 Likes

A Freudian, a Jungian and a Lacanian walk into a bar.

The Freudian orders a cigar.

The Jungian orders an Etruscan mask to conceal his face.

“You cretins!” says the Lacanian.
He then orders a beer, which, however, he does not desire.

7 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

10 Likes

Gone.

5 Likes

17 Likes

Have you heard Demagnetiser by Head? They are really bad - repetitive nonsense, IMO. I’ve not come across anything else by them, fortunately.

9 Likes

The DeMaggers? I like them. Bit derivative of Throbbing Gristle though.

5 Likes

Fascinating. The tape revival has resulted in several jokes appearing here through a temporal wormhole from 1986.

(Both still funny, though)

4 Likes

As I recollect quite a short track from the band and sounded like rubbing sandpaper (over the head), perhaps the equivalent to ‘scratching’ on vinyl :grinning:

1 Like

Gone.

9 Likes

A fun list, though I’m going to call fraud on the claim that they’re genuine or from as recently as 2011. I remember reading the ‘judicious’ one in a joke book I had as a child!

Oh, and whilst 7 and 11 year olds have historically done SATs in England, 16 year olds sit GCSEs.

Mark

2 Likes