Best jokes

Isn’t that in the Tate Modern??

DG…

"A common myth about the kangaroo’s English name is that it was a Guugu Yimithirr phrase for “I don’t know” or “I don’t understand”. According to this legend, Cook and Banks were exploring the area when they happened upon the animal. They asked a nearby local what the creatures were called.

The local responded “kangaroo”, said to mean “I don’t know/understand”, which Cook then took to be the name of the creature.

Anthropologist Walter_Roth was trying to correct this legend as far back as in 1898, but few took note until 1972 when linguist John B. Haviland in his research with the Guugu Yimithirr people was able to confirm that gangurru referred to a rare large dark-coloured species of kangaroo.

However, when Phillip Parker King visited the Endeavour River region in 1819 and 1820, he maintained that the local word was not kangaroo but menuah perhaps referring to a different species of macropod."

2 Likes

Behind every husband who thinks he wears the trousers is a wife who told him which trousers to wear.

4 Likes

This recipe doesn’t make sense - “Add leftover wine” What the hell is leftover wine?

15 Likes

It’s easy to make leftover wine if none is to hand.

Just open a new bottle, drink most of it, then you have the right amount of leftover wine.

If you “accidentally” drink too much of the new bottle, so if there’s not enough leftover, just repeat the process.

No problem

13 Likes

Melanie would know.

2 Likes

I love cooking with wine. Occasionally I even add it to the food

13 Likes

I was with you up to "drink ". Then you lost me.

2 Likes

Liebfraumilch

5 Likes

Oh - is that wine? I never knew.

1 Like

23 Likes

As long as they son’t collapse in the scrum.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I visited my Grandmother a few weeks back.

She had a large bowl of Brazil Nuts on the table and offered me some. So I had a few, which were nice.

I mentioned that it was nice to eat some Brazil Nuts and she said that I could take some away with me.

I did so and upon leaving she said to come back for some more. She further added that she’ll have some more once she’s sucked the chocolate off the next pack of Chocolate Coated Brazil Nuts, as she can’t eat the nuts because of her dentures.

DG…

10 Likes

Liebfraumilch did used to be the basic German plonk, but over the last few years, maybe 10?, there have been some very good samples available that are worth a look. Probably never as good as a Riesling, but a very nice sip all the same.

1 Like

Another legend has it that an exploring party came upon the said animal, which none of them had ever seen before. One of their number, who happened to be Scottish, was severely constipated and was trying to take care of business behind a nearby bush, while repeatedly uttering “a kangaroo! a kangaroo!

Don’t get up, I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

A good relationship is when she is by your side during bad times to tell you that none of this would have happened if only you’d listened to her.

6 Likes

12 Likes

Yes that is jimmy carr with a cup of magic mushroom tea. :innocent:

7 Likes

:flushed:
FB_IMG_1698168277649

23 Likes