Best jokes

15 Likes

Not a joke, but it made my wife and I laugh earlier. We were having a Coffee in a sort of trendy restaurant place, we were sitting quite near the “wait here to be seated” desk.
A young male member of staff approached a smart elderly couple who had just entered.
Enthusiastically the lad said " Good morning guys, are you good today?"
The male customer said in a slow dead pan voice, " We are not both guys and we are not good, we are well, thank you"

A case of old meeting the new. Felt a bit sorry for the lad, he was trying quite hard.

11 Likes

I was in a restaurant in Dolceacqua, just over the border in Italy from where we live.

There was an older English couple at the table next to us, and he was reading the menu to her.

“Ah”, he said, “Zucchini - that’s what the Americans call ‘courgette’”

The (slightly camp) waiter was right behind him, and said/sang/shouted/cried:

“Nooooo! It’s-a what-a the Italians call ‘courgette’!!”

4 Likes

Teacher’s pet gets up and says, “Last year I got the measles and my mum said it was contagious.” “Well done, Roland," says the teacher, “can anyone else try?” Katie, a sweet little girl with pigtails, says, “My grandma says there’s a bug going round, and it’s contagious.” “Well done, Katie,” says the teacher. “Anyone else?” Little Irish Sean jumps up and says in a broad Dublin accent, "Our next door neighbour is painting his house with a 2 inch brush, and my Dad says it will take the contagious.

7 Likes

My wife was telling me she heard Clare Balding talking about her last dog earlier, apparently called ‘Taxi’. That is a great name for a dog…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Today’s Yoga pose is Downward Spiral

3 Likes

The back of tigers’ ears are black, with a white spot in the middle. Apparently this is so that any predator trying to attack from behind the tiger thinks that these are eyes, and so is discouraged from attacking.
I am now slightly less afraid of tigers, but way more afraid of whatever it is that tigers consider to be predators.

8 Likes

When God created ducks, he said “Waterproof that chicken and give it a kazoo”

18 Likes

16 Likes

IMG-1349

5 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Ah, there are four versions of The Scream ,

Every day, round about midnight, I am shocked to find that it is only 6 PM

1 Like

8 Likes

The version I posted was the 1893 version in oil and tempera on cardboard. Of the four versions (two from 1893 plus 1895 and 1910), that’s the one where the face looks most ‘doggy’. In the other Munch versions, the head and hands don’t look dog-like at all.

The one used in the original joke (post 13436) wasn’t any version by Munch, so my original objection/correction stands.

To avoid accusations of thread-drift (possibly shutting the stable door long after the horse has disappeared over the horizon):

Her lyrics don’t seem quite so mysterious when you see them written down.

Mark

3 Likes

I think that it is fair to say that no joke stands up to close scrutiny. They are still funny.

3 Likes

The Wombles favourite song.
Orinoco Flow.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for lowering the tone of this thread

20 Likes