Robert, Blowin’ in the ? Obscure?

4 Likes

You beat me to it!

IMG_2826

Audit for Celebrations.

10 Likes

The answer, my friend…

1 Like

On this day 9th December 1995 Thom Yorke was on the front cover of NME.
Historically taking the spotlight off Blur. Oasis and The Stone Roses.

5 Likes

That’s only one tin, you need a larger sample size but you can’t know if there’s any variation in the contents until you sample a few more.

1 Like

Interesting, yes. Funny, no. :wink: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry David, I thought this was a group of people who’d get the reference, I suppose not everyone immediately thinks of Dylan when they hear the name Zimmerman.

4 Likes

"I knew a man, his brain was so small
He couldn’t think of nothing at all
He’s not the same as you and me
He doesn’t dig poetry. He’s so unhip that
When you say “Dylan”, he thinks you’re talking about Dylan Thomas
Whoever he was
The man ain’t got no culture."

or …

8 Likes

16 Likes

(source unknown)

34 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

Should walk round Asda

1 Like

:joy:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it made I larf.

Frog goes into a bank, hops up to the nearest teller who looks at him and says “my name’s Paddy Whack, how can I help you”. “Well”, says the frog, “I need a loan to refurbish the pond”. “That’s fine”, says Paddy, “we can arrange a loan for home improvements but we’ll need collateral and a guarantor”.

“That’s Ok”, says the frog, my father is Keith Richards, perhaps ypu can see the family likeness, and I have this", holding up a small china elephant decorated with pink flowers.

“I’m not sure that Mr Richards is sufficiently trustworthy to act as guarantor” says Paddy “and I’ll need a valuation on whatever it is you have in your hand, I’ll need to speak to the managers”.

Paddy goes into the managers office and tells her about the frog and his loan request holding up the elephant for the manager to see whereupon the manager says “it’s a nik nak Paddy Whack, give the frog a loan, his old man’s a Rolling Stone”.

7 Likes