Best jokes

Just been on a diabetes awareness website and it asked me if I accept cookies.

16 Likes

Sorry, don’t understand. You shall say once what ? My venerable Tony.

You was probably referring to that. Can’t find what is funny here, but I am not English…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not wishing to repeat myself, but the problem is not just on the joke topic.🤦

3 Likes

Ohhhhh Rene!!
I have yet to meet a French person who understands this.
Officer Crabtree will certainly cause confusion. :joy:

1 Like

Is it a sarcasm on french people involved during the second world war ?

I wouldn’t call it sarcasm, just British humour.

2 Likes

Ok, i will be an another person to not understand this « I shall you repeat once ».

1 Like

FR … do an internet search for ‘Allo Allo’, watch an episode then come back with your thoughts. :+1:

I watched it, my link is even above. Apart the French - English accent of the French women, I don’t understand the humor.

If that clip is all you watched then you will never understand what the show is all about. You need to watch a full 1/2 hour episode. :+1:

1 Like

My god! It’s my punishment?

Not at all. It’s your choice. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t worry FF. it was crap humour, typical of the time. Racist, sexist, mysogynist, we lead the World back then.

3 Likes

I prefer not to like your post, don’t want to create another negative posts. And honestly I don’t know really what to think of that allo allo video.
It seems to laugh of french people, specially women involved in the french Resistance during the war. However I am not personally proud of France during that time.
Fortunately I am polish.

This where you are showing that you do not understand this brand of Brit humour.
‘Allo ‘Allo is not joking against the French, if anything it’s endearing towards France in those difficult times. It’s endearing the ‘small town’ france, the local cafe community, the family & it’s ‘relationships’, the resistance movement (deep respect) & the politics & play with the occupying Germans. All this done in a typically traditional british amateur theatrical ‘farce’ genre. Look up farce, I believe it’s a French origin

4 Likes

Classic Scottish Humour!-- Just click on the link
D41

5 Likes

Pure dead brilliant, ken. :joy:

How to stop drinking Coffee!
D41

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/ZCxUhxA4sP/fi-028c5205-0016-4646-a0b2-a0287471bffc/fv-d3565a0f-f114-45ff-bbdb-271cb0cc7bf5/C-Coffee%20Machine11.mp4