Best jokes

Aside from your blatant attempts to troll the readership ( :wink: back at you), it does mean that Henderson’s is perfectly good for vegetarians and vegans. As well as tasting better.

Mark

2 Likes

Plus it’s made in gods own country, Yorkshire😁

5 Likes

At the vet’s:
“About your cat, Mr Schrödinger - I have good news and bad news”

13 Likes

14 Likes

timeout_7783081

10 Likes

yea but, tuh-MAY-toe or tuh-MAH-toe?

2 Likes

18 Likes

As heard on In our time this morning: Heizenburg was stopped for speeding by the police. The officer asked him ‘do you know how fast you were going?’ Heizenburg replied ‘no, but I know where I am.’

7 Likes

Robin: Batman, the Batmobile won’t start!

Batman: Have you checked the Battery?

Robin: What’s a tery?

27 Likes

Me chuckling out loud in a coffee shop. Thanks.

4 Likes

The correct spelling of diarrhoea is perfect - it looks like you have lost control of your vowels.

11 Likes

It’s weird how cats run in front of your feet when you are walking, then look shocked when you accidentally kick them.

4 Likes

Tuh-mah-toe … :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Having lived in the States for 30+ years, I’ve gone full tuh-MAY-toe.

I started pronouncing some – and only some – words differently because I didn’t want to confuse the kids, who all went to school here.

3 Likes

Not half as shocked as when you do it deliberately.

3 Likes

A man sued a hospital - saying his wife had lost all interest in sex since her operation.
The hospital told him his wife had surgery for cataracts, all they did was improve her eyesight.

8 Likes

Keith Richards. He had a bottle of Mercia sauce.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Yeah. I get that. It’s been a tad easier for me as I grew up in Canada and adopted many of the ways that other families verbalized. Actually, thinking back just now, there were quite a few other Brits that had just immigrated here and our families would get together, especially with people that my father worked with. Quite a few engineers, draftsmen and such.
In fact, both my parents have been gone for a good while now, but only two days ago I was on the phone with an old work friend of my father’s with whom our family became their extended and closest family. He’s 97 now. Very nice man and a good friend. He actually worked for me, back before I sold my company in the late 90s, assisting us with getting our ISO 9001 certification in place.

He was originally an aviation engineer in England and moved here to work on the doomed Avro Arrow project of which all the prototypes, fuselages, engines and all, are at the bottom of Lake Ontario for reasons that only the late John Diefenbaker and his backroom cronies could explain.

His eldest son who just died, ran one of the local airports up till November last. Aviation was just in their blood.
I added a little more detail because occasionally some member here will be reading this and say, ‘old on a minute, are you speaking of Albert?
Small world an’ all …

2 Likes

Oyyy!!! (Not my reply, I sent it to my friend Niamh.)

4 Likes