Best jokes

You couldn’t make it up indeed. The Bluetits are a group of female wild swimmers with a sense of humour who chose the name intentionally

9 Likes

25 Likes

It’s on the Proms tonight!

14 Likes

One of the local “wild swimming” groups is the Carrickfergus Bluetits. Mostly female but there’s a few blokes in the group. Have shared Portmuck harbour with them on a few occasions.

Willy.

2 Likes

Would that make you Little Willy?

8 Likes

In the depths of winter, when the water is 6°C, I’d have to say yes.

Willy.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I am sorry , I couldn’t resist the urge to post this .

25 Likes

Allegedly a real frontispiece to a book…

**AUTHOR’S NOTE ON LANGUAGE **

Please note, as the author and the main character of this book are both from Ireland it is written in the version of English that is standard there. So recognise is spelled recognise and not recognise etc… The author recognises some North American readers may find this upsetting and while he is of course scared of them, he is considerably more scared of his Mammy, who taught him how to spell. Nevertheless, as an apology, here are a bunch of Z’s for you to mentally stick in as and when you choose.

Z z z z z z

Look, they look like a mummy duck and little ducks. Adorable!

16 Likes

One of the software companies I worked for - and it was entirely British, nay English - had a policy that all its software manuals and user manuals should be written in American English, in case it ever managed to sell its software in the USA (it never did). I was appalled and affronted.

7 Likes

I believe the author is Caimh McDonnell who writes books based on an Irish policeman called Bunny McGarry (amongst others).
Check out his books on Amazon especially the seven books which form the Dublin Trilogy. Says it all really but great books and are laugh out loud funny.

3 Likes

Heavens, don’t apologize, that was pretty funny.

3 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Sorry from this extract from an X rated channel

5 Likes

Sharon may endorse this comment

2 Likes

I got chatting to a chap in a pub on Friday night. He told me all about his work and family and then told me he suffered from paranoia. I was interested, so when he left I followed him home to study his symptoms.

5 Likes

A policeman sees a little girl riding her bike and says, “Did Santa get you that?”

“Yes,” replies the little girl.

“Well,” says the policeman, “tell Santa to put a reflector light on it next year,” and fines her $5.

The girl looks up at the policeman and says, “Nice horse you’ve got there, did Santa bring you that?”

The policeman chuckles and replies, “He sure did!”

“Well,” says the little girl, “next year, tell Santa the ass goes on the back of the horse and not on top of it.”

11 Likes

The widespread use of “z” in American Engligh is his pet piamh :slight_smile:

4 Likes