Best jokes

A piece of chalk at speed and a supernatural aim in my Secondary Modern…worked well too.

We all knew the teachers who were sharpshooters. Quiet classes.

5 Likes

Im sure my maths teacher threw an ashtray to me.

1 Like

Funny you should mention that. Different times when smoking in schools was not prohibited. I recall one of my math teachers being in the habit of smoking a pipe during tests. Rather distracting. As to teacher to student class room projectiles: a pen with a metal cap did the trick as well.

2 Likes

Primary school ‘basisschool’ was in the eighties for me an my most formative teacher smoked during lessons. Being a sting to the teacher, I sat in front of the class next to a real skeleton.

I’ve only had one good maths teacher at highschool. I remember one trying to catch me running around in circles whilst I screamed to him ‘this is an example of infinity’ ( i disagreed to his theories but he could not explain beyond textbook examples ).

Kid 1 starts Physics and Maths in Amsterdam after summer. Were a family of beta’s.

4 Likes

When I started teaching in the late 1970s, a blind eye was turned to a crafty cigarette while on playground duty. I also had a colleague who would let children who had done something of note in his classroom to sniff his empty Old Holborn tin :grinning:

I’m not a Steve, but I do occasionally get the same confusion. And it’s not because I’m slow (honestly), in fact in many situations including most of my working times, my thought processes exceed most others. But sometimes a topic or something comes up that seems to confuse my train of thought and it’s disconcerting.
Very funny joke, btw …

2 Likes

17 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

I should have laughed, but this somehow turned me really sad

5 Likes

Yes often several ways of looking at things.

1 Like

I like keeping myself mentally sharp, by asking myself questions like “what happened yesterday?” and “what was I planning to do just now?”

8 Likes

Why have I come upstairs?
Where did I put my glasses?
Why the hell are the tea bags in the fridge?

9 Likes

You too huh!!

1 Like

The book on marriage says to treat your wife like you treated her on your first date, so after dinner tonight I’m dropping her off at her parents’ house.

25 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: A gunman has burst into the Celebrity Big Brother house and shot all of the contestants.
Victims are yet to be identified, as no one has a clue who they are.

16 Likes

My 4 year old nephew has been learning Spanish all year and he still can’t say the word please.

Which I think is poor for four.

20 Likes

Noah says to GOD 'this Ark isn’t big enough. I need one with at least 20 decks.

I’ve had a rethink about all these animals as well, so I just want fish - Carp, actually!’

Why?’ says GOD. ’ well, I always did fancy a multi story Carp Ark,

15 Likes

Some nice puns tbf…

Edinburgh Fringe best joke award goes to Mark Simmons

4 Likes

When in the Fourth Form, Mr Plant caught me cheating in one of his French tests, and threw a chair at me when I told him I needed to cheat because I hadn’t done any revision/preparation.

Great days… :thinking:

8 Likes