Best jokes

Rather a knee jerk reaction from Madame Tussaud’s at the news from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex I think

2 Likes

Oh no - I think that was Tobyjug’s intention and I have explained joke. There was me thinking I was witty

1 Like

That’s what they meant when they said I’d bin promoted

1 Like

Tussauds didn’t actually bin their models.

There was a short item on the BBC 6pm news programme yesterday. The models have been moved a few feet into a separate space on the other side of the room from the models of the other senior royals “and remain much-loved by our visitors”.

Best

David

3 Likes

“and remain much-loved by our visitors”.

Never mind the legs, most would rather see the back of them!

2 Likes

My wife said she wanted to go and see a Monkees concert in Switzerland.

I thought she was joking, then I saw her face.

Now I’m in Geneva.

17 Likes

Vlad the Inhaler

17 Likes

330e98d0149c56b2593545a984ebabc6556e44cf_2_441x499

18 Likes

At times like this I wish Spitting Image was still on our screens* - what a field day they would have had with the recent comings and goings with the Royal Family.

*Wiki suggests it came back via HBO in 2017 but I don’t recollect anything.

6 Likes

Not a joke but did made me laugh, my wife just told me they had a job application in today from someone called Skye Walker :grinning:

Gosh, thanks Mum, thanks Dad…

1 Like

Now that’s what you call a knee-jerk reaction!

3 Likes

Not forgetting the legendary Brian Johnston commentating on England vs West Indies 1984…???

‘The bowlers Holding, the batsman’s Willey …’

7 Likes

My nephew was digging a large hole in the backyard when his next door neighbour stuck his head over fence and asked what he was doing. He explained he was burying his pet goldfish. The neighbour remarked it was such a big hole for a little goldfish. My nephew replied “not really, it was eaten by your cat”.

6 Likes

Or David Coleman on the BBC when commentating on athletics:

‘Juatorena* opens his legs and shows his class’

*Cuban male 400/800 metre runner.

3 Likes

Genius.

steve

steve

8 Likes

15 Likes

7 Likes

From an Irish friend of Mine …

Fisherman
The rain was pouring down. There standing in front of a big puddle outside the pub was an old Irishman, drenched, holding a stick, with a piece of string dangling in the water.

A passer-by stopped and asked, "What are you doing?

“Fishing” replied the old man.

Feeling sorry for the old man, the gent says, “Come in out of the rain and have a drink with me.”

In the warmth of the pub, as they sip their whiskeys, the gentleman, being a bit of a smartass cannot resist asking, “So how many have you caught today?”

“You’re the eighth” says the old man

10 Likes