Binge Worthy TV Series

I drove across some scary mountainous “roads” in dense fog to visit the town in which it was filmed. I strongly urge you not to do the same!

2 Likes

I do binge, but wasn’t last night’s Gardeners ’ World really good?

All about working with nature . I wonder if the frogs, hummingbird moths, hedgehogs , occasional deer and bees know that I own this land and it’s mine to do with as I like with no responsibility towards others ?

Had a sparrow hawk in last week, sadly no pictures

1 Like

Enjoying ‘Lilyhammer’ on Netflix. He’s quite a talent that Steve!

G

5 Likes

Have all the episodes of House Of Dragon stored …

But what I have been binging on, is the T20 Cricket World Cup

2 Likes

We have got into the habit of watching foreign language series (as in not English- appreciating the international flavour of this forum).
Netflix make recommendations based on your watching history so this is often all that is offered up

2 great shows we have just watched:

Black Butterfly- French so you can practice your language skills if you so wish

And Quick Sand- Swedish.

Both are excellent. Netflix btw.

2 Likes

Just finished “Ozark”. Loved it as much as Breaking Bad, which was, until now, peerless for me. If you enjoyed BB and Better Call Saul, Ozark is your logical next step.

2 Likes

Looking through the above, I think I’ll go for Entrapped next. Still want to do GoT, but it’s 8 series to get through plus the HoD.

Started The English on iPlayer superb. Best looking TV show I have seen in a long time cinematography is gorgeous. Great characters and an interesting story and plot so far. A great modern Western.

2 Likes

Just finished binge watching ‘This England’ (Sky Atlantic). An excellent dramatisation, quite hard hitting in places, at the height of the COVID pandemic.

I don’t know how accurately the characters are portrayed but Cummings comes across as a particularly unsavoury character! Worth a watch.

That seems to be an accurate portrayal, then.

2 Likes

GOT, Breaking Bad, Ozark were all towards the top of my list but I think Band of Brothers & The Pacific are at the top of my list, have watched each almost on a yearly basis.

Now, one I don’t think I’ve seen mentioned above & that I just came across (& finished, lol) is Peaky Blinders. This one had me hooked from the first episode, it’s a series that makes it very hard not to want to watch the next episode. I don’t spend much time watching tv but this one definitely had me hooked.

Finished the English. I thought it was pretty good and a honest look at the way the Indigenous people were treated by the European settlers.

Was wondering if any of you guys watched This England can’t say I enjoyed it and it hasn’t helped my view of politicians.

Anywhere we went really, imperialism has a lot to answer for across the world.

Good as well as bad.

2 Likes

Try explaining the good to someone who lost everything.

Most European countries have been oppressed by colonial occupiers. Indeed, England has been numerous times. It’s often overlooked, as we focus on more recent history. The US and Canada are more obvious exceptions.

Most indigenous populations were conquering and oppressing amongst themselves as well.

So, I think it’s hard to make generalisations about these things, other than to observe that people like to have power over others, in many different forms.

5 Likes

Well guess that just shows we’re incapable of learning anything. Plus 2 wrongs don’t make a right.

1 Like

I think we do learn though. The world is relatively peaceful and prosperous by historic standards, though always room to do better.

4 Likes

True, but we’re on a knifes edge right now. There’s lots of madman with an enormous power and fcking huge egos and very little regard for human life (except theirs of course)

1 Like