Binge Worthy TV Series

How many do you want?

Suits
Blacklist
Homeland
Designated survivor
Old one but 24 is a classic

All brilliant

Just finished season one of Mindhunter on Netflix, excellent show now looking forward to season two.

4 Likes

waiting for the season 3 of Ozark. I appreciate it very much. In the spirit of Breaking Bad, but different.

6 Likes

OZARK is an excellent show, season 2 wasn’t quite as good as season one but definitely looking forward to season three. :+1:

4 Likes

Narcos was simply fabtastic series showing the magic and madness coming from south america. magical realism they call it.

4 Likes

Dark
Thanks for the recommendation, finished season 1, taking a break before I move onto season2.

Vikings
I thoroughly enjoyed the first few seasons, especially when they introduced the Christian Monk with his fish out of water tale; with his death my interest evaporated.

Goliath on Amazon Prime - Season 1 was fantastic. Gritty legal drama.

Gave up midway on Season 2 as it seemed to have a more sadistic unpleasant theme.

Season 3 is now airing (may have missed something by skipping Season 2), and is quite intriguing so far - bizarre in places.

1 Like

Have just started watching again (this time with my wife) the Maltese detective - 70s Sicilian police drama. Just excellent. On more 4

3 Likes

Just finished the 4th season on an Aussie comedy Utopia. There’s only 6 shows a season, 30 minutes each. It highlights the stupidity of the public service. Well worth it if you can find it.

1 Like

This is us - serie that grabs a viewer and gives a hug. Deserves your full attention. It’s that good.

His Dark Materials

I know, HOW can this be binge worthy hen there has only been one episode?

This is superbly adapted and has Phillip Pullman on board as an Executive Producer.

I enjoyed ‘The Golden Compass’, but being a film they skated over the material robbing it of dramatic weight; here there is a chance for it to breath.

They have cast the girl from Logan in the lead and she is excellent, very ably supported by the rest of the cast.

Can’t wait for next Sunday!

M

1 Like

I’ve come to it very, very late but I’m currently binge-watched the American version of House of Cards. Having very much enjoyed the British original with Ian Richardson’s delightfully charming yet sinister Frances Urquhart I wasn’t attracted to a Washington based remake, so I avoided it. But in moment of indecision while skipping through options on Netflix I watched the first episode and have been hooked. I know Spacey has since fallen from grace but his portrayal of Underwood is excellent. And every bit as excellent is the lovely Robin Wright as Underwood’s very clever wife.

Better late than never, I suppose.

5 Likes

Following Watch men serial movie. Distracting and very good soul music from the 70’s. Edwin Starr / 25 miles , Temptations / War…

Finished The Expanse Series 4:
Maintains the quality of the previous Series; which is high praise. The narrative pulls in elements from more than one book. and has nicely set up Series 5, which is currently filming.

Best SciFi series currently on TV. i m scratching my head to think of a SciFi series I have ever enjoyed more.

Looking forward to the last book in the series.

1 Like

Battlestar Galactica 2004-2009. The remake version of 1970’s series is still my favorite SciFi TV series. Masterpiece.

6 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree. That said I did enjoy the first series of the new encarnation.

1 Like

The Witcher

I really enjoyed how this series was put together, a well told story where the interest comes NOT from the monsters, the magic or the sword play, but from the characters themselves.

It certainly doesn’t hurt that the acting and stunts are uniformly good.

If you are into the fantasy genre then this will be right up your alley.

Recommended.

M

BSG is pretty fantastic and not sure The Expanse comes even close.

Hammy acting lets The Expanse down.

I have to say, until Dark came along, BSG’s brilliance ruined sci-fi for me.

I have to vote for Marvelous Mrs Maisel. Superb show, excellent production with some amazing choreography of scenes, , amazing costumes, full of nostalgia and gets the period perfectly, great characters and very funny. A true feel good show, something that’s lacking so much these days.

4 Likes