Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

Her usual less obliging self for portraits…

4 Likes

That is a great photograph.

1 Like

Yesterday morning. Looking for Short eared Owls in a frozen County Durham. No luck, but nice to see these…

10 Likes

The largest bird

… who appreciates our bird feeder, a common tufted antlerer if I am not mistaken…

7 Likes

Couple of Waxwing shots whilst they were feasting on the Mountain Ash in my garden.

Tim

15 Likes

Nice pic Haim.
Your bird feeder looks like you too have squirrel visitors.
My feeder has the straight sided ‘Torpedo’, very effective as the little critters can’t get a grip around such a wide cylinder. I also have domes over the seed and nut feeders, very effective at deterring jackdaws, cute characters but a nuisance mob handed food raider we have in Europe.
Deer can’t get into my back yard, but we do get midnight raiders munching the emerging spring flowers in the front garden.

The recent bad weather has brought flocks of Fieldfares and Redwings into town. This wee fella was on the grass just behind the beach this morning.

Cheers,

Ian

9 Likes

The squirrels are on food stamps after the new feeder was installed. There is plenty of food for them on the ground since the sparrows spill a lot of it while searching for their favourite seeds in the mix.

1 Like

Really nice pics Timbo…… Always feels like my nose is being rubbed in it as this is a bogey bird for me…. Always just to late or none locally :frowning: still :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thank you, I love watching the birds and my camera skills are a bit questionable but when it all comes together with a bit of luck as well it’s very rewarding.

Tim

1 Like

Quite the thing earlier. Wandering over to my usual Kingfisher spot when a Kestrel flew into a tree over my head and sat their starng at me for a bit. Never had one come and perch near me like that before, so quite chuffed about that and a bit of a result :grinning:

12 Likes

A pair of Egrets checking out some nesting sites. It’s that time of year innit…

3 Likes

This’ll do…

1 Like

Amazing. The guy looks quite content to include you in his comfort zone. The only time I get a chance to have a close encounter with our prey birds is when they are hungry and focused on their hunt for food.

1 Like

Scanner

Imgur

Before sundown, a Red-tail in search for his last meal of the day.

7 Likes

A bit more light in this one…

6 Likes

Nice pictures. We were out at Pitsford Water yesterday but a bit disappointed seeing only the usual suspects, Swans, Ducks, Coots etc. Get home and there is a small flock of Goldfinches on the tree outside our house. I’ll have to work on different ways of attracting a wider variety of birds to the garden.

Tim

1 Like

We had three buzzards making lazy circles yesterday. Occasionally two of them would get into a mid air spat but always too far away for a decent pic unfortunately. This one would then drift away and fly about on its own for a bit before rejoining them again.

Looking at its war wounds, you can see why.

8 Likes

If Beaker from The Muppets was a bird…

4 Likes