Bubble Server Won't connect

Thanks @CrystalGipsy I appreciate you walking me through all this.

Hope it continues to work.

1 Like

Wow, I’m glad I made the effort here, the transcoding makes a marked difference.

2 Likes

I have the impression to read Chinese :joy:

what on earth are you on about FR.

Just joking, because trying to understand the above posts is like trying to understand Chinese for me.

2 Likes

Same here my friend, I’m glad the container is working and hopefully it continues to work.

Thanks mate, this is gold. Much appreciated as I was getting an unhealthy level of GitHub confusion.

Well done team, you got two people running bubbleupnp! Very kind @Guinnless, @dknk @CrystalGipsy and my partner in this (although I hijacked his thread a bit) @ElMarko.

2 Likes

No worries, if my pain can help others even better.

The container solution was a pretty easy fix once I let it get set up. I’m very thankful for CG’s help. It was worth the effort now that I’m hearing the bump in SQ with wav transcoding.

Well done, sounds like if I want to get the transcoding working I need that RAM upgrade

1 Like

Well it’s still running and I can’t get over how easy it was to do thanks to CG. Just follow his directions above. Make sure you get to the advanced settings during set up to select “host” and it does the rest.

If I’m reading this correctly it’s not using much by way of resources.

I’m not sure what Tidal was streaming with the bubble default, it always said 0% FLAC so I’m not sure it was FLAC. PCM?

But the wav sounds significantly better. This was the last bastion, local music/asset transcoded to wav, RP FLAC via minimserver, and bubble+container/Tidal transcoded to wav. Very happy, esp with a newish 272/250DR.

Good job. As I mentioned, an RPi3 with 1 gb ram and just mainly BubbleUpnp server running is as smooth as butter.

1 Like

Cheeky little bid on ebay and I’ve got 8GB of RAM for £17 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The container had its first hiccup. Playlist would load then not play. Edit - still can’t get it to play. restarted, re-installed the container. restarted bubble. I can’t get transcoding to not be greyed out.

Any updates applied since it was working?

Greyed out means either the ffmpeg is not there or the environment variable pathname has changed so Bubble can’t see it.

I’ve not done it on a QNAP so not able to help further. :flushed:

No updates or changes that I’m aware of. I did power down the QNAP as part of a network reboot I do a couple times a month. Perhaps something didn’t boot up properly. I removed the container and just trying to run bubble app separately and now the Kazoo app won’t log into Tidal. Just spins “waiting for room”. Everything is on the same network.

Here’s the logs after starting up the NAS. Not seeing anything weird to me.

QNAPs are very slow to reboot. If everything else is up and working ok then reboot the QNAP.

There should be no need to reboot anything unless you have an issue. I recently had to shut down a HPUX server that been up for 8 years, it was only being shut down to move to another room in the data centre due to a reorganization.

I’ve found the QNAP runs better when I power it down once or twice a month. Never had issues before and powering down through the menu shouldn’t cause any issues.

I’ve unistalled and reinstalled bubble and the kazoo app won’t recognize it now. It just spins “waiting for room”. Makes me think a larger issue is at play here.