Building Lego

Well, Sue did say “mega”, and the Eiffel Tower certainly fits that description :grinning:

1 Like

Titanic would fit the bill…

3 Likes

OK, so now we’ve got Millenium Falcon, Imperial Star Destroyer, Imperial AT-AT, Rivendell**, Eiffel Tower, Titanic. Then there’s that big Liebherr excavator, and crane……….etc etc.

We’ll need a bigger house…
**Daughter#1 built Rivendell during the Summer and had ear-marked a shelf of suitable size in her dining room. Then she started modding it - now it doesn’t fit the shelf and has to reside on her dining table :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Pictures Please ! I still have mine to build, and haven’t started it for the same reason you stated, Space! for your next build, its got to be Titanic, another icon.

1 Like

With metre rule for scale

102cm long, 43cm wide

15 Likes

That is very nice, and very big :grin: I like the BA logo on the tail, I am going to have to start mine now.

Not sure if you know or not, its a Lego event weekend this weekend with some savings on certain sets and double points, just saying if you fancy a Titanic… :grin:

Cant say I’m completely happy with the fin, for one thing, the red stripe on the body went with the blue “crown” fin, rather than with the “wavy splodges” fin . So I may well have a go at that one (back to Bricklink for more bits :slight_smile: )

Insiders weekend had been mentioned on the Lego thread on Pink Fish - a drop of money might well be spent :grin:

As for Titanic (or Eiffel Tower, or indeed any of the megasets), it would need some “serious buy-in” from my DB, as to where it would go…

1 Like

Wow!

1 Like

Thought I’d give this another post.
Local guy not me. :scream:

15 Likes

No wedding ring as far as I see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe married to a goldsmith and one day she needed a bit of platinum… just saying…

Willy.

Christmas present (for the kids) arrived, (they’ll be) so excited.

7 Likes

Not the greatest picture, but this arrived yesterday.

11 Likes

Lego Statement is absolute genius!
:grinning:

Here’s the version which an art piece in the wall.

1 Like

MrsT loves her flowers but due to a lung condition she can’t have real flowers in the house, so these are ideal on two fronts, one, they add some colour and two, they are a surprisingly challenging build, if this new bouquet is anything like the wildflower bouquet.

Wildflower bouquet.

8 Likes

An early Christmas present, as it was a bit of a bargain in the John Lewis Black Friday sale.

5 Likes

Chap has got the ‘Game of Bricks’ lighting kit for the Titanic. Black Friday deal on the GoB website (£52 for the ‘Remote’ version).

1 Like

Will have to check that out, thanks for the heads up :+1:

I added daffodils and sunflowers. Also got some of that green stuff for flower arranging - I think it’s called “Oasis” - in the vase.

7 Likes