Building Lego

This is the way…

8 Likes

Some other Titanic / White Star music…

Public Service Broadcasting…

4 Likes

So, my daughter bought me this for Christmas and I had time today to build it. Unreal detail! So much fun.

23 Likes

That’s amazing!

Just building that myself, I went for red roo

1 Like

Our son James’ Lego collection is growing.

Three parts of this generation of Hogwarts: the Whomping Willow, the Great Hall and the Clock Tower. The Astronomer’s Tower is awaiting its turn for a suitable special occasion in my wardrobe🙂

The ‘city’ has lots of vehicles and a railway. The Harry Potter Hogwart’s Express is a push along model (that might change one day - there are plans out there for motorising it. The Express Train at the back is an excellent runner.

I still have all my Lego from when I was a child - I just need to find the time to make some of it.

8 Likes

Looks like he’s off to a good start! When I was a kid the castles were just grey- these look amazing! I remember spending days building whole kingdoms on a piece of plywood resting on sawhorses in our basement. Sometimes the space monorail would stop at the king’s castle, or the pirates would attack from the sea. Wonderful hours for a kid and a parent!

2 Likes

This was my xmas present from my kids this year (i call them kids but the youngest is 25)

And this one was a couple of years ago for xmas

14 Likes

James is currently working on this. Making good progress as we started 40 minutes ago and there are lots of fiddly little bits.

8 Likes

Just finished one that had been sitting around for a while -

like an old puzzle…Took absolutely forever.

5 Likes

And now he has finished, pretty good progress for an 8-year old. It’s a lovely model.

15 Likes

I have some of the castle Lego and spent hours playing with it when I was a child.

I must say that some of the sets available today are quite something and no wonder adults are very keen on them.

1 Like

Did you have the yellow (the first) or the second one (the grey). I got the grey one when my brother was born:

4 Likes

I had (still have) that grey system you show there, in the yellow boxes. There was a “King’s Castle (which is what your picture shows), “Knight’s Castle”, “Forest Hideout”, “Siege Tower”, “Catapult”, and several others. Great fun!

Here is the “Knight’s Castle”:

IMG_4085

2 Likes

I got the King Castle too :wink:

the oldest box I have is this one from 1978 :

9 Likes

this is the yellow castle (I don’t have this one) :

1 Like

Yup, that was the first edition. My elder cousins had that. They are well in their fifties currently whilst I’m still a youngster at 45 :slight_smile:

Another favourite of mine was the Pirate Ship late eighties.

2 Likes

ok, I found the photos :

SPACE :

after 1980

SW

10 Likes

CASTLE :

the SPACE mess up in my daughter’s room

and the TECHNICS :

9 Likes

That’s a great collection :+1:t2:

2 Likes