Building Lego

I bought (and built) my wife the two rose set for Valentine’s Day - she thought it was most amusing -tbf, she got some stuff from Lush as well.

I was thinking about the bunch for our anniversary next month, but on reflection, some jewellery might be more appropriate - something centred around a ruby. **

**think about it!

1 Like

Titanic suggestion. :+1:

1 Like

Spring is coming…

5 Likes

Here are all of the units of the Harry Potter castle together.

The Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower.

12 Likes

That’s quite impressive.

1 Like

Many thanks. James (who was 8 in September) built a good 80% of it. I helped with some parts. He will be pleased to hear about your comment. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My Latest Effort, The Hocus Pocus House, not an easy build, very flimsy in places, apologies for the quality of the Photos

3 Likes

Quick question…

I gave Mrs VV the Wildflower one for her birthday, photos to follow.

She loved it and has just completed it after a very careful build, now the question should she have about 20 random bits left over?

Thanks

1 Like

Lego sets often have a few “spares”; IIRC, Titanic had about a dozen spares ( in around 9K total bricks!). However, I don’t recall the Wildflower set having more than half a dozen spares, so twenty would suggest a reread of the instructions.

Anyway, with the spares, you start a stache, get onto bricklink & rebrickable and start building MOCs (My Own Creations). And thus, a passing interest becomes a full time hobby! (Worse than bl00dy hifi & photography, but maybe not as expensive. Unless you wish to recreate the Forth Railway Bridge, a topographical map of the Lake District, or an Airbus A380!)**

**all of which can be found via Goggle…at around 40K bricks a shot! Astonishing and beautiful. Especially the A380!

1 Like

Thanks @suzywong
Will suggest a checkup, although I can see where they come from and nothing seems to be missing.

Thought I might make a start on recreating this one all 800,000~ pieces

1 Like

Superb! And that’s only the Imperial Light Cruiser.
There have been some glorious cathedrals built as well.

This is where it ends up……you have been warned!

2 Likes

First hit on an interweb search for cathedrals brought this up…

Due for release June 2024 Notre Dame in the Architecture series…

Might ask for birthday in August

1 Like

Not impressed by the pics I’ve seen of ND. I think my next will be The Orient Express.

Although I may have to paint up a “murder victim”…….and a small Belgian detective with a magnificent moustache.

“If you must have a moustache, let it be a real moustache – a thing of beauty such as mine.”

1 Like

Don’t bother starting small, go big! You definitely need a Titanic.

On a serious note, it sounds like you and Mrs VV have become converts, it’s a great stress buster and a nice way to pass the time with something to share at the end, Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Building this.

1 Like

Son’s 8th birthday yesterday - he got this. Fun build (he built it, I was the “piece locator”).

4 Likes

Starting the build of a new cat toy!

The track gauge nicely matches the Hogwarts Castle set:

I foresee a track extension in the future and then both can sit on top of the bookcases in the lounge, well out of reach of inquisitive paws.

3 Likes

Excellent, looking forward to seeing them both together.

Started building this, the Super Mario Cube