Building Lego

I’ve been building Lego with the kids this afternoon. I usually only build my own ideas.

2 Likes

11 Likes

When I was working as an Assessor, I audited a company that leased out construction plant like this.

They let me have a go in it and I found it to be a strange experience with the articulation in the middle.

DG…

2 Likes

Got a bit further with Mario’s Super Mario’s 64 block.

1 Like

Daughter#2 has just sent me a heads-up on the “Dungeons & Dragons 50th Anniversary” set to be released next month.

Oh Gawd, I haven’t yet finished the Orient Express, but D&D? I still have the early sets, bought in 1980 from the shopping mall in Mountain View, California, whilst on a business trip for an ultimately unsuccessful bid for a comms-sat.

There goes the kids’ inheritance.

PS. Royal Mail are issuing a set of stamps in June for the same theme.

1 Like

Just visited Durham Cathedral and saw the enormous Lego model of it in the Cathedral Museum.

The windows open so that you can see down the nave and the choir and the detail and people therein.

I didn’t think it appropriate to take a picture but there are many on line. It must stand 6’ or so high on its platform and weighs 750Kg.

3 Likes

Birthday present

11 Likes

And whooosh…there it goes.

2 Likes

They will inherit it (?), and you will have saved them the time building it :grin: Take the win !

2 Likes

A quick build of an iconic figure in the history of Lego

7 Likes

I like your thinking…so I’m really doing them a favour!

2 Likes

Off to Denmark next week, any requests?!:wink:

2 Likes

How big is your case!

Ryanair flightbag size, I can maybe squeeze in a mini figure.

1 Like

A mini figure would be fine Thankyou :grin: enjoy your jollies :+1:t2:

Just had an email from DPD…….they are going to deliver a parcel. I wonder what it could be?

3 Likes

7 Likes

Saw a built up set yesterday, it looks a great set, looking forward to your build :grin:

Sue and Becky (Dau.#2) had a good look at it last weekend in the Lego store in Battersea Power Station**. I’m also getting the “D&D Red Dragon Adventure book” and a couple of freebies. Used up a good few “Insider Points” for the book and money off.

**Sue said that she thought “they” had done a good job with the redevelopment of the power station, but, “Where’s the pig??” :laughing:

1 Like

That must have been deflating. :wink: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: