Building Lego

Yellow & White

3 Likes

2 Likes

I have put it on my Xmas “Dad’s surprise pressie list”. Even my wife agrees :slight_smile: (Concorde was “a triumph of engineering over common sense”, “the most beautiful airplane ever built”, etc etc.)

Well it was either Concorde or Rivendell….which Daughter#1 has just built!

Hmmm. I’m not sure why “Airbus” is displayed on the box…….Concorde predates Airbus by a couple of decades!

Is that one of the remote control jobbies?

Yes indeed, it’s quite remarkable.

1 Like

Did seem strange to have “Airbus” on there but looking at the Lego article on the website all the photos shown are ©Airbus Operations SAS 2023

Possibly a licensing arrangement with Airbus that bought up Aerospatiale that did jointly develop the Concorde.

That’s because the airplane manufacturing divisions of both British Aircraft Corporation & Sud Aviation eventually wound up in Airbus. So I suppose Airbus are claiming “reflected” credit.

Bit cheeky though!

1 Like

Think it was Airbus who refused to maintain and certify Concorde going forward; hence it’s demise.
Can’t really blame them tbh

I hope to buy this one. Found them in local Lego store! :smile:

1 Like

I still fancy Rivendell**, along with the Millennium Falcon, Imperial Star Destroyer, etc, etc :grin:

My Dearly Beloved says “The house is too small for your Lego, coz it’s full of hi-fi - oh and I’ve just bought another knitting machine.” :rofl:

Edit **Daughter 1 has just sent over some photos of her build. It is stunning. Without a shadow of doubt, it’s one of Lego’s best ever sets.

2 Likes

Why not build her a Lego Knitting Machine?

1 Like

Or knit some leg…

I’ll see myself out.

1 Like

D.

Don’t encourage her! At the moment there are three set up and in use, and another four boxed up under the bed! :laughing:

1 Like

Knitting machines remind me of harpsichords - they look the same !

But harpsichords sound nicer.

One of my ex-colleagues was a harpsichord player, at “concert level” apparently, and he even built his own instruments.

Where’s the build pictures :grin: :grin: you’ve had it a day.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s not uncommon to build and maintain a harpsichord for a player. Small repairs and tuning are part of the exam usually.

The most fantastic knitting machines are on the webs:

3 Likes

Too much work on the go :frowning: , to be honest I didn’t expect it to be delivered so quickly, was only available from 04/09

1 Like

Same here, its on my build pile.