Cable management, aka the rat's nest is driving me doolally

I take it you have the same 2 part ps - lead from US into the small ‘brick’, which then plugs in via own lead to mains? Mine seems perfectly sturdy and well made.

Yes it’s a 2 part job with what looks like a small transformer. I’ve bought kettles with better cables. Was hoping to find something a little better.

I’m using my serve as a digital source connected to the Ndac with a linear power supply and a Nordost Vishnu power cable. I also have repurposed the serve’s powercable to feed a separate mains block for the telly and skybox - which it’s doing a great job - no more clicks and blips from their power supply and earth issues.

The Unitiserve kettle lead is the exact same standard one that Naim supply with all their equipment (except for the recent addition of the Powerline Lite plug to the UK version), with the addition of a ferrite choke in a box. If it’s good enough for, say, a NAP300 or an NDS, I’m sure it’s good enough for a Unitiserve.

It’s not what it looks like, but how well it works. The standard cables have been chosen to work optimally with Naim equipment. With the Unitiserve in particular, changing cables is highly unlikely to make any difference.

You maybe right but mines loose and it doesn’t feel the same as other gear I’ve owned by Naim. I’m in Aus and I’m sure the cable we get is different from those in the UK.

Again it’s not about the SQ, it’s the quality of the cable it’s self. I was hoping someone might have an option to replace it.

Perhaps the Aus version is different, but all the Naim boxes I’ve bought in the UK over the last few years have used the exact same cable and IEC plug as the Unitiserve. Same UK plug too, until the PLL arrived.

Yes and you guys now get the upgraded power cables we don’t, if got my amp and power supply upgraded to Power Line. But they even have to be modified for our use.

Could you post a picture so we can see the issue you are describing? The lead on my US is perfectly sturdy so perhaps you have a different one?

Upgraded mains plug, same cable and IEC plug.

What’s the cable for? My Naim cables in New Zealand are fine. Remember that we don’t have the same “polluted” power supplies they have in the UK, so the power leads aren’t that critical.

1 Like

Let’s not blow this up, I was just wondering if there was a replacement power line I could use. The connections on mine are loose and even fallen out. I have it fixed to my stand to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

As I said it’s not about the SQ. It may just be mine.

The simplest thing is probably to get hold of a replacement Naim standard lead. It certainly shouldn’t be loose and dropping out.

Yes I think I’ll talk to my dealer tomorrow, thanks :+1:

If you smile nicely you may get it for nothing, especially as the current one seems dodgy. It may be wise to have them look at the US power box just in case the issue relates to its power pins rather than the IEC on the lead.

1 Like

Which connections are loose? Sounds like something is broken.

Hey!

I have just been trying to figure out how to fix my rat’s nest behind my Fraim… and i got some good tips from this post! Thank you!

Today i have my Naim setup directly connected to the power outlet, since i have a lot of them.

Would you guys recommand using power outlets or buy a quality power strip?

Like a Monster core power 800 usb.

How did it go?

All seems good I do think that the power cables we get are inferior to the UK. I’ve taped it to my rack to ensure that it’s not so easy to dislodge.