Cableoholic,..Or,.What's Going On..?

I believe it’s humour :slight_smile:

:small_blue_diamond:TallGuy,…If you’re right,.it seems to be a strange humour.
Because neither a Swede nor a Frenchman understands anything :sunglasses:.

/Peder🙂

Last year I bought a

Furutech FP-TCS31 PC-TripleC Power Cable

• Plugs Source End: FI-1363 Gold UK Plug
  • Plugs Receiver End: FI-28 Gold IEC C13
  • Length: 1m
  • Furutech FP-TCS31 PC-TripleC Power Cable

It made no significant difference to the 272, and on the power amp it mainly made the bass boom and lose control.
So it went back.
Unfortunately, I can draw no general conclusions from this expt, because I don’t understand why it was ineffective or actually damaging to SQ in my system.
I can imagine that sometimes a really good power cable does make a big positive difference to SQ, but I’m not sure how that might work in my (much different sounding) current system…
I’m seriously considering getting a powerline and seeing what that would do on my 3 boxes.

Maybe Jim the conclusion is it’s all about the synergy between cable and component(s). I think Naim has taken a lot of the hit-and-miss away already and give a very good starting (finishing) point.

I know you now have the dcs so that no longer applies directly to your system. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i had before powerline but prefer kharma for its more natural and juicy tonality.
I tried recently the nordost frey 2 : dynamics and details very good, but the tonality was a bit cold and lean.
Today i have all in kharma.

1 Like

isotek cables work well with naim too, for my ears.

1 Like

Hi FR,

I had a Furutech Schuko and a now discontinued IEC among the different plugs when I made the comparison a few years ago. The IEC was fine, but the screw contacts inside the Schuko weren’t as tight as the Oyaides. The current Furutechs, as used on my Powerline, might be different.
If you like your cable, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…What you describe is a bit of the character of the Nordost-cables,…either you love them or it does not work at all.

I have help a guy with a better music-system (not Naim or Linn).
There the Nordost-cables worked superbly.
A friend in Oslo (Norway),.has Nordost Frey speaker-cables (see picture below, these are the ones he has) in his Linn exact-system.
He says it plays great.

But I was doubtful,.precisely because of the Nordost character…just as you describe.
Bright, detail-rich, dynamic,…but at the same time a bit chilly.
Cleaner and Clearer but impersonal.

/Peder🙂

yes, it’s was like that. I didn’t tried the nordost qb8 powerblock. I has a good reputation for naim users. I hope it’s not the character of nordost cables.

Yes that synergy is crucial.
And yes Naim has worked hard on that with the Powerline, which is why I’d like to try one on my 272 and 150 x - but also on the Network Bridge. It came with a cheap cable and the manual says they do that because they expect most owners to get their own better cables.
So I’d try it there too.
But I expect better cables would tend to improve power amps more.

1 Like

Ooh yesss, babyyy…

siltech royal signature double crown speakers cable: 25 k / 1 m

• “ Hey Mister, i need 2 X 4 m please! “
  • “ no problem, it’s 75 k ,the plastic bag is offered”

But Brits do!

It looks like “bog standard” flat twin and earth, as used to supply electric circuits in most homes, and probably the cheapest cable available for any given rating. I’d hazard a guess the pic is 2.5mm2, though in UK T&E cable as most commonly encountered usually has solid core conductors up to and including 2.5mm2 and only multi-stranded in larger sizes, so it might be 4mm2 (I’ve never used the latter size, so I don’t know if the unstranded earth fits with that).

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Hi @Innocent_Bystander :smiley:…Then I suppose that even “@seven” is from the UK.

But it seems quite unsociable to just appear in a thread and put in a picture,…then,.nothing more :grin:.
I wrote in another thread that this is an International forum,…Not a National.

We must bear in mind that there are probably many,many who read this forum from all over the world,…who are not members.
Therefore,.we should use a simple language,as well as emojis when we joke.

This,…so that everyone understands that it is a joke.
Had “@seven” used an emoji to this “cable-image”,.then everyone outside of the UK had understood that it was a joke.
If now it was.?

/Peder🙂

Similar to my beastly SR Power cable, the first one i did open up and was quite impressed, clearly all hand made. But agree it is a challenge for it to stay located in the socket.

:small_blue_diamond:Obsydian,…Tobyjug added this image earlier in the thread,.it’s a solution.
But according to me,.an insanely expensive solution.

/Peder🙂

Yes ive seen this and the price, thankfully the Naim IEC wobbly connector actually works very well and is stable, it was more the wall outlet, but i solved that with some routing.

1 Like

People tend to use emojis when they think others might not realise something is a joke - but sometimes the person making the joke thinks it is so obvious that there is no need, or sometimes of course they may wish to leave the reader wondering if it was a serious comment or a joke!

Of course, in this case it is possible that what @seven posted wasn’t so much a joke, as a statement that for mains wiring nothing more than that is required - but only he or she can confirm.

Regarding emojis, and please don’t take offence at this, it only being intended to be helpful: As some other people have commented before, one problem with your own posts is that they are often so full of emojis and other coloured blobs that on a small screen look similar, that it is distracting - we don’t know what they are intended to mean, and it risks us being blinded by so many we wouldn’t spot if one day you were to use one to indicate your post was a joke! But I do get the impression that you use fewer emojis and coloured blobs less now than you did a few months ago, which has made your posts easier to read.

Peder, is it you on the photo?

:rofl::smiley::grin::star_struck::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face:

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…Love it :joy::joy::joy:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like