Cables - WH Morgana - Blown away

I am a big fan of Morganas - see above - and trying it seems a good plan. Also, everyone’s ears are different and all that. But…

I’d encourage caution here. No cable will turn a Stageline into a Superline, so perhaps saving toward that would be better VFM.

3 Likes

I’ve been using the Morganas since May between my 552 and 300 ordered during the Easter sale. Excellent cables, very impressive over the standard pair.
I’m also considering their Morgana RCA to DIN to replace the AR Lunar between DAVE and 552, I will check my stocking on Christmas Day.

1 Like

I may have some also.

3 Likes

Agree. I have the PowerBlack Distribution Block with Hydra cabling. A true star configuration. Definitely made a difference to SQ in my set up

4 Likes

I hide the boxes in case I’m asked to explain what it was that came in such an expensive case….and how much it cost.

I’m thinking that pointing out the cables are cheaper than Super Luminas or a bargain considering how much high purity copper is in them, isn’t going to be a winning hand.

1 Like

Im still trying to work out what to do with the boxes. Until then, they stay hidden.

My long awaited Morgana has arrived. Perfect timing as we had a scheduled power outage, so I’ve got it in whilst the system was powered down. Powers just come on, so need get the caps charged and will have a listen after we get back from Miss Mikes swimming lesson this afternoon.

Update: first impressions are very favourable.

5 Likes

Point of reference is also important here - what cables are you coming from etc. One reason for being “blown away” could be that poor RCAs were used before (not saying that applied to the OP, but possibly others) and so the arrival of a Morgana DIN would be understandably quite an uplift. I tried ~GBP250 RCAs from Audioquest and the standard Naim interconnect. The Morgana definitely produces a different sound, more controlled bass, more detail and importantly, when compared to the RCAs, no ground loop hum.

I bought a DIN-XLR mono pair for my 300DR several months back, and they’ve been a constant in my system since then. I was very pleased with the uplift in sound quality that came from them, and as @NickofWimbledon pointed out, it’s saved me being too excessive with cable dressing.

2 Likes

I gave the box to my better half to use as a jewelry case and she was very happy with it.

2 Likes

I have enjoyed my Morgana mono DIN XLR between 552 and 300DR a lot too. Great upgrade.

4 Likes

Same here. Big improvement

Anyone compared the DIN to DIN and 4 pin to XLR Morgana to the Superlumina? I have the later, but could sell these and get Morganas and be quids in by quite a margin. I’d certainly keep the SL speaker cables though.

At the moment I have the Morgana XLR in for the 300DR, Mike…a week or so more and I’ll swap back to SL and see (hear) which stays.

The same when the WH Spectre comes next year.
Interested to hear it versus SL.

4 Likes

You are in a interesting dilemma….i tried SL it did not work at all. But the WH has been so much more that i like musically have in my system…….but your distance makes it a leap of faith. I have a full loom.

1 Like

Who once said something about mixing and matching? :thinking::rofl: ATB Peter

2 Likes

Me, I’m sure :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Gazza I read you’re review and was wondering what you thought was the issue with SL and why the Spectra is better. I’ve already got SL (all be it too damn short but that’s another story) and have ordered the Spectra. I’m trying to work out wether to use the SL on my main setup or the Atom.

1 Like

The din to din is very good. The din to XLR is fantastic

1 Like

I liked SL and still do……at my dealers demo rooms, which are slightly brighter and have room treatment. In my room i just could not really hear any difference on 3 home demos, same with other cables until Kudos ks-1. My actual back to back was with ks-1 and Naca5 vs Spectre……which beat them hands down. So my preference of Spectre over SL was more by way of liking it over these and SL not doing anything in the past.
I think it is my room which is heavily carpeted, curtains, sofas etc.
If you like SL currently, hopefully in your new home that will be the same, but rooms can make or break system components.

5 Likes