Cables - WH Morgana - Blown away

Thanks Gazza the good thing have both I can swap around. My studio (my main system) will have a rubber floor and the living room (the Atom) will have a hardwood floor so hopefully both options will suit.

3 Likes

How are you finding the SC to 250 Morgana @Pete_the_painter?

Iā€™m really noticing quite a pick up with my new Morgana. Bass is even more defined, robust and tight and the whole delivery and dynamics seem much more effortless in their presentation.

5 Likes

Mike Iā€™m the kind of guy that plugs these things in and rarely gives it another thought. I did think they made a difference when I connected it but Iā€™ve never (and probably wonā€™t) do any back to back comparisons.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the spirit. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever put a replaced cable back in for comparison. I try to research them first and then Iā€™m either lucky or have conformation bias (maybe both). Though I donā€™t really care as long as Iā€™m enjoying the music.

1 Like

But the prototype testers were asked to do just that, and for me i compared with ks-1 and naca5ā€¦ā€¦.but not for long, as the difference was very apparent. The cables come with directional arrows based on witch hat earsā€¦ā€¦we were asked to try them in both directions. I would imagine they did the same with Morgana testing too.

3 Likes

I am sure Mitch from witch hat is viewing these threadsā€¦ā€¦.you never know you might get asked out of the blue to try something out one day?

2 Likes

My new Morgana seems to a bit up and down at the moment. Sometimes I think there is a loss of dynamics and openness but still more detail and feeling more natural. Maybe it will be a little up and down for a while but probably had at least 20 hours now.

Compared to which interconnect?

Standard naim din to XLR
Maybe Iā€™m being too critical??:rofl::exploding_head:

Or maybe the standard cable is quite good :blush:

1 Like

A bit of all the above perhaps?

1 Like

I never perceived it to be particularly poor :grin:

1 Like

All said I do feel a bit under the weather, maybe the start of a cold with dulled senses and hearing not up to scratch??

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the various Morganas and Phantom in the past, and sampled Spectre. Ultimately Iā€™ve settled back with the naim supplied cables, with the exception of Kudos KS-1 ā€˜speaker cable.

G

3 Likes

How would you describe KS-1 Vs Phantom?

Closer to the music.

G

1 Like

Thatā€™s strange, Iā€™ve heard the Kudos cable against phantom and preferred the phantom. Iā€™m awaiting the spectre and wonder how itā€™s going to sound.

3 Likes

Not at all.

Should be into the countdown for Spectre deliveries in a matter of weeks now. Looking forward to hearing the reports from peeps trying theirs out.

1 Like