Cables - WH Morgana - Blown away

WH have an interesting range. They seem popular with many, however while the Phantoms are largely good VFM, they are probably at the level of the basic Chord range and some say improved by the KS-1, which are also at the same level (Odyssey)?

In the Morgana range things do change and while I personally did not feel that their non-discussable cables are really worth it, their interconnects I found very good - great level of energy and life to music, excellent low end and overall transparency, and there is something they do with vocal reproduction that is very convincing - now these I would comfortably put at same level (and better in some areas) as the Chord Signature/Sarum, at least in a Naim system (never listened to the ChordMusic interconnects).

1 Like

The new WH Spectre speaker cables will raise the game further in the New Year. Expect it to be SL level.

2 Likes

If the case, this would be good news

I think I’ll pass. I have a new cartridge inbound, hopefully by the new year. Then I plan to upgrade my subs. No more cable or other upgrades at that point. I plan to retire in 2023. My 10m Phantom pair will have to do.

Did you get the chance to hear demo the pre-production Spectres? I thought about ordering a pair but the KS-1s were so much better than my Phantoms and the cost savings pays for a lot of vinyl!

1 Like

How’s the top end on KS-1. Are they ever bit tough on your ears when playing say rock music. I remember Phantom as being very forgiven no matter music played but they could benefit from some more sparkle and detail resolution in the top end but it’s a fine balance act doing so without getting more picky with music you play. From what I read on Spectre it seems to be a warm fat sounding cable even more so than Phantom.

I am very pleased with the KS1. The Phantoms were very good, but the need for longer cables led me to giving the Kudos a try. I have not found them fatiguing in comparison. At the price point they must scare the life out of higher end products. A genuine hifi bargain in my humble opinion.
And I love my Morganas so no brand bias.

3 Likes

No. Very well balanced imho. Transparent without being ‘toppy’.

G

2 Likes

@GraemeH @Kipstryker Which connectors do you have on your KS-1?

Naim plugs at the amp end and 4mm Z plugs at speaker end.

G

1 Like

Bananas both ends and I had jumpers made up.

No I didn’t so am taking a bit of a risk I guess. I pre ordered early so am expecting a January delivery.

I already have WH Morgana products in my rig and have had Phantom in the past so trust them implicitly. The level of detail they’ve gone to on Spectre makes me confident that they’ll be awesome cables.

1 Like

I did demo the specter cable against the KS1 and phantom and my findings can be found

2 Likes

Will be interesting to learn how the connector options affect the final production Spectre.

Yes, I noted WHA comments in reply to a Forum member’s review (sorry, offhand can’t remember who) in regard to the cryo connectors. Still, for me no-to-little loss in the Spectre/SL sweepstake.

I didn’t think other companies were allowed to directly put entries on this Forum. Unless it was the forum member quoting what they have been told.

What? Is WitchHat Audio posting here? I hadn’t noticed.

People are getting their wires crossed.

2 Likes

There are other forums outside of here lol

Are there? Do they matter? :smile: